Chapter 3 - Affection

Hyera's Pov

"Looks who's here, how are you feeling Hyera?" Rachel unnie asked me with her sweet smile. "I'm fine unnie, it's good to see you here" I smiled back.

"Hyera, we need to discuss something after dinner", dad talked to me out of nowhere and I just nod because it's awkward.

We had our meals and now everyone were at the living room. I'm nervous because it's like a serious talk?

"Hyera-ah..." dad called me. I miss the way he called me that.

"I heard about your relationship with Jimin" he added. I widen my eyes to my brother and he do apologatic look. Ofcourse he was the one who told dad about this, who else.

"Ohh..so you heard about that. Well we already broke up, he was the one who ended our relationship. We're over now", I explained and all of them were looking at me.

"Good" he calmly said while drink his coffee.

"Good?!what do you mean by that? I still love him dad, it's a bad thing" I raised my voice. "Kim Hyera! I'm still your dad, where's your manner?" dad yell at me. Oppa try to calm him down and told me to just stay quiet.

"Great...." I mumbled. "Since you already have no relationship with him, I want you to get married with Jeon Jungkook, you know him right".

"Dad...no, I-" dad cut me off. "I already give you chance and it's been 3 years since you were together with him but he's not even ask you to get married or at least be his fianceè".
"We're still young dad" I find excuses.

Actually Jimin said he'll marry me but he had financial problem. He's not from a rich family but he's a work harder, never give up on his life and that's why I love him.

"This is my final decision, like it or not, you're gonna marry him. It's for the company and for you".

"Really? is it for me or for your own benefits?, I'm the one who gonna get married, not you dad. Please can you not interfere in my life?" I stood up to him.

"Not interfere in your life?, watch what are you saying young lady, I support your life, your needs, you live comfortably because of my own work so think before you speak," my dad raised his voice to me.

"Hyera, please just marry him," oppa console me.

"No..IF I SAY NO THEN NO", I speak more like yelling. Then hard slap landed on my left cheek.

Dad slapped me....
For the first time....

Everyone shocked especially me. My parents never raised their hands on me. If I did wrong, they just giving me an advice.

"You know what dad? thankyou for all of this. Thankyou for all comfortable house, school, money and everything you gave me. But remember one thing that you never give me....." I paused for a sec.

"Your affection". I sobbed.

"I'm sorry if what I said before is rude to you dad. I just want you to know that since I was a kid until now, you never give me your affection just like what you always did to oppa, maybe I always be quiet but I saw everything. You treated us differently. I know a daughter are unworthy to be in this family but what should I do? I'm not the one who decided to be a girl or boy. I know a girl is a burden for you, a girl can't do anything. I can prove that you are wrong dad. I can be better than you think". I added.

"I'm..I-I" he don't know what to say.

Everyone shocked with my statement. Dad don't know what to say maybe because what I said is true.

"Hyera, watch what are you saying. How can you be so thoughtless? I never teach you to be this rude", mom who keep quiet all this time started to speak.

"I'm not trying to be rude mom. I just said what I supposed to say. I knew everything mom, EVERYTHING. I know since birth dad are not happy when he know that the baby you are carrying are a-little-pathetic-girl who are not welcome in this family. I eavesdroped your conversation with dad when I was a little. He said that I'm always a burden eventhough I didn't do anything wrong. Just blame me, I deserve that", Tears flowing like waterfall, I can't control it anymore.

Oppa have a guilt on his eyes. Rachel unnie just stayed quiet.

"You allow oppa to chose his life partner. When it comes to me, you said no. Sometimes I thought that you wanted to sell me due to your business matters. Am I that cheap?".

Dad trying to slap me but a hand stop him.

Oppa grab his arm from reaching my face. Oppa signal me to go upstairs before the situation becoming worst.

I ran to my room

"Hyera!!!!" dad yell. I decide to ignore him but I stop when he said. "KIM HYERA STOP! before I send you away from here". I stop my pace because dad always threaten me like this.

"Where are you going to send me now? TELL ME?", I yelled. "You send me away from Seoul and let me live with grandma since I was a kid and you took me from her when I was 10 years old", I said.

"Why are you felt bothered with my existence? you know what dad? I need a love from my parents especially you. You always neglected me and only gave your attention to Namjoon oppa. Grandma was the one who take care of me and she gave me all the loves that you guys can't give. She always told me to think positive and she always said that you guys loves me but you rarely visit me when I was in Busan", my heart broke into pieces, I need to let out everything.

Due to my ego I continued my step and left them behind. I saw my mom started crying. Sorry mom.

"I often get hurt until I'm used to it"