16

"Present time! Present time! Open the present, see what's inside!" Emmett chanted as he carried Genevieve from the kitchen to the living room. He waited 23 seconds (Genevieve counted) from the time her and Bella were done eating before deciding he was done waiting.

"I swear, Emmett, if you pick me up one more time-"

"You'll what, Tiny?"

"I'll have Rosalie kick your ass for me."

"Rosie would never!" Emmett gasped, plopping Genevieve down.

"Rosalie likes me better, she so would." Genevieve stuck her tongue out at Emmett.

"Okay, children that's enough." Rosalie shook her head, moving to stand by Emmett. He put his arm around her, sticking his tongue out in retaliation.

Alice had decorated the living room in purple and pink balloons, white and purple streamers lining the ceiling, as a big cake was placed on the table. A couple presents surrounded the cake. Genevieve just hoped that Bella would take some of the cake back with her; there's no way she'd be able to eat all the leftovers.

"Open this one first!" Alice bounced towards the table, picking up a small, delicately wrapped box. "It's from both Jasper and I."

Genevieve took the box, carefully peeling the wrapping paper off. Honestly, after what Bella told about her own birthday party, Genevieve was surprised that they still thought wrapping paper was a good idea.

"Alice! Jasper!" Genevieve gasped as she stared at the small, silver hoop earrings. "They're beautiful, thank you."

"We thought you could use some cute earrings now that you're growing up."

The rest of the presents went quickly. Esme and Carlisle had gifted her a recipe book filled with recipes that they had spent decades to perfect. Rosalie and Emmett had gifted her with a charm bracelet, already decked out with rose, bear, and mermaid charms. Bella had given her a collector's edition of Pride and Prejudice, claiming that Genevieve would love the story. Edward had given her an almost blank sheet music notebook; the first few pages were filled with a piece that she was unfamiliar with.

"It's a piece I wrote about you," Edward explained, looking a bit bashful. "It's not done yet, but I thought you could help me with it."

Genevieve smiled softly, "I'd love that. I didn't know you wrote music."

"Edward likes to think he's the best musician slash composer," Emmett commented.

"Well you know you can't really compete with a Siren when it comes to music, Eddy." Genevieve teased, her eyes finding their way to Edward's grand piano that sat in the corner of the room.

"Why don't you play something then?"

Genevieve's gaze snapped back to Edwards, surprised to see a challenging look in his eyes, as if daring her to upstage him. Genevieve suddenly felt the need to knock Edward down a few pegs. She ignored everyone's gaze on her as she made her way to his piano. She placed the notebook on the bench next to her, her eyes scanning over the pieces that were already placed at the piano. Her gaze fell to the one on top, labeled 'Bella's Lullaby'.

How cute, Genevieve mused. She spread the music out, eyes carefully scanning the pages. Seems simple enough.

She glanced back at Edward, a smirk on her face as she placed her hands on the keys. The vampires (plus Bella) had taken a seat on the couple couches around the living room, watching in anticipation.

Genevieve took a deep breath, as she scanned through the piece again quickly. With another breath, her fingers began to float across the piano, soft music filling the room. Genevieve felt herself relax into the music, a soft smile on her face, soft hums resonating from her throat subconsciously.