03

Now, Genevieve was a lot of things

Now, Genevieve was a lot of things. Irresponsible was not one of them.

Yes, she decided to prove herself wrong and explore the woods. Alone.

But at least she wasn't doing it at night! And she wasn't even going in that deep!

"I hate myself," Genevieve mumbled as she leaned against a tree. "Not even ten minutes in and I'm already exhausted. I'm so out of shape."

"Oh, don't be too hard on yourself, Tiny." Genevieve jumped, eyes wide as she turned towards the voice.

Leaning against a tree across from her was a boy (if you could call him that), easily towering over, his muscles bulging as he crossed his arms. His lips were pulled into an amused grin, his golden eyes sparkling with mischief. His skin was pale, almost too pale, contrasting deeply with the his dark, curly hair.

"Tiny?" Genevieve frowned, crossing her arms as she straightened her back, trying to seem taller. She glanced around them, wondering where he'd come from and how he'd managed to sneak up on her. "I'm not that small."

"You're pretty small. You, what, barely come up to my chest?" He took a step closer to Genevieve, making her take a step away from him, narrowing her eyes at him. Genevieve decided she didn't trust the guy, especially since the vibes she got from him made her want to run and never look back.

"It's not my fault you're a giant, everything probably seems small to you."

He laughed, a big booming laughter that made Genevieve wonder if the earth would shake from its magnitude. He held his hand out to her, "I'm Emmett Cullen."

Genevieve glanced at his hand, weighing her options, before deciding to shake it. Curse her polite midwesterness. "Cullen? Like Edward Cullen?" Genevieve quickly retracted her hand after she shook his, the cold temperature causing goosebumps to crawl on her skin.

"You know my brother?" Emmett frowned, pouting almost.

"I met him yesterday when I was moving in. Apparently I live across the street from his girlfriend," Genevieve shrugged. It made sense that they were related. They had the same pale skin and golden eyes. And apparently bad circulation runs in the family.

Emmett's eyes lit up with recognition. "Genevieve right? Edward was telling us about you and how you're both from Chicago."

Genevieve wondered why Edward would tell his family about her. And then she remembered it was a small town; her and her mom moving in were probably the most exciting thing to happen here in a long time. Especially if the new people shared the same hometown as him.

"Yep, that's me. You guys must really be bored here if the most exciting thing to talk about is when people move into town," she commented as she crossed her arms. "So then you're not from Chicago like Edward?"