35

Bella's health improved ever since she started drinking blood

Bella's health improved ever since she started drinking blood. It wasn't much, but they took whatever little victory they could get.

She stopped looking like a complete walking corpse; she just looked like she caught a bit of death.

Edward's attitude also changed drastically. He claimed to be able to hear the baby's thoughts, the action finally solidifying the idea that it was his baby too, not just something that's killing Bella. Now he and Bella were inseparable again, often spending the day laughing and absorbed with the baby growing inside of Bella. The divide between the house lessened considerably once Edward changed his attitude. Alice was still on the fence since the future had become no clearer once Edward had a change of heart, but she was willing to put her disdain for being in the dark to the side for the sake of keeping the peace.

"They aren't that bad," Bella protested. Genevieve sighed as she rolled her eyes. Rosalie and Bella had been bickering about names for the past half hour. Rosalie thought it would be a good way to distract themselves from what was going on outside.

Carlisle, Esme, and Emmett were going head to head with the wolves to escape so they can feed.

Bella had gone through the blood bags, and Carlisle was sure she was going to deliver any day. He needed to be at his full strength if Bella was going to make it through the delivery. Genevieve tried to convince them to let her go to the hospital and grab more blood bags - Sam can't hurt imprints because of their laws - but everyone refused to take the risk.

So, Jacob was going to create a diversion. He was going to tell Sam to take Seth and Leah back in hopes of creating a long enough distraction for the Cullens to get through. There wasn't going to be any fighting, but Genevieve was still nervous for Seth. It was just a matter of time before Sam became impatient and attacked the house.

"They're certainly unique," Genevieve commented as she turned her head to look at Bella. She winced when Rosalie tugged at her hair, a silent protest at her movement. She turned to continue to look straight ahead, letting Rosalie busy herself with braiding her hair.

Bella huffed but didn't say anything as she took another sip of the blood in her cup.

Jacob walked into the room a moment later, Edward trailing behind. Ignoring Rosalie's sound of protest, Genevieve stood up. She ran her hand through her hair, shaking out the half-completed braid. She took a step towards Jacob anxiously, searching his face for some kind of clue as to how everything went.

"They got out alright," Jacob said. "Everyone's fine."

Genevieve sighed, nodding. She heard Bella grunt and quickly turned to help Rosalie with Bella. The girl clutched onto Genevieve's hand as she stood, holding onto Rosalie with her other hand. Genevieve suppressed a shiver at how cold Bella's hand was, knowing that her body barely had enough energy to keep herself warm.