27

"I just don't see why she doesn't tell Alice that she's going overboard

"I just don't see why she doesn't tell Alice that she's going overboard. It's her wedding, not Alice's." Genevieve sighed, "all I know is that I'm not going to let Alice plan my wedding - I don't think I even want her anywhere near it. I'd rather die."

Emily rolled her eyes, sipping at her tea. "You're so dramatic."

"Yes I am," Genevieve stated proudly, laughing with Emily. She glanced at the clock, sighing. "I should get going, I promised my mom we'd have dinner together tonight."

"Alright, don't be a stranger Gen." Genevieve quickly hugged Emily goodbye before leaving the house. As she walked toward her bike, she quickly pulled her hair into a low ponytail.

After the newborn battle, Genevieve had finally gotten her driver's license. Lorelei had offered to carpool with Charlie so that Genevieve would be able to have the car, but Genevieve denied the offer. In truth, she loved riding her bike. Especially in a place where she didn't have to share the road with crazy drivers and buses. She loved riding through the woods, feeling completely free as the wind blew through her hair and she was surrounded by the smell of the woods. And now with the threat of Victoria gone, Genevieve took advantage of the woods every time she could.

Genevieve stopped, however, when she heard a snap to her left. With one foot planted on the ground, Genevieve glanced around the woods.

"Hello?" She frowned, knowing that she should be riding her bike as fast as she could back home. She gripped her necklace, feeling the little wolf charm against her palm. She had finally been in control of her voice enough to stop wearing her grandmother's necklace all the time. She was by no means an expert, but she was slowly starting to trust herself with her power after both incidents of her losing control of it.

Genevieve shook her head, kicking off to continue riding.

"Wait!"

Genevieve yelped as she lost her balance, tumbling down to the ground with her bike on top of her. She cursed under her breath, glad she didn't seriously injure herself, wincing at her scraped elbow.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Genevieve glanced up as a boy approached her. He didn't seem much older than her, with shaggy brown hair that seemed to be purposefully messy. His brown eyes were apologetic, as he reached down to lift the bike of Genevieve. He held a hand out to her, "let me help."

Genevieve pursed her lips, taking his hand. She felt a chill go down her spine at the cold temperature of his hand. He wasn't vampire cold, but it was colder than hers.

"Thanks," she murmured as she stood. The boy towered over her, but Genevieve refused to let him make her feel small. Genevieve dropped his hand, taking a cautious step back. "Are you following me?"

The boy chuckled nervously, rubbing his arm as he shook his head. "I wasn't trying too. I'm a bit lost and then I saw you riding past on your bike."