26

Genevieve sighed from her spot on the floor

Genevieve sighed from her spot on the floor. She was sitting cris-cross, leaning against the wall of Jacob's room. She glanced down at the bandage that was wrapped carefully against her arm. Carlisle said that she didn't need stitches, thankfully, but she was to be careful as to not put any strain on her arm. Ironically, Bella had cut her arm that Victoria had bitten. Now, Genevieve was going to have two scars from Victoria.

"They're getting married," Jacob rasped. He was lying on his bed, half of his body wrapped in bandages. Jacob had been crushed by a newborn saving Leah from the same fate. Because of his enhanced body temperature, Jacob burned any morphine in minutes. Which would leave him with a painful recovery if it wasn't for Lorelei and Genevieve. The two were able to sooth his pain for the time being with a simple song. Which was why Genevieve was currently sitting on Jacob's floor.

"Are you surprised?" Genevieve asked, pulling her knees up to her chest. "They proclaim their love for each other like every ten minutes. And yet you still kissed her."

"She asked me to kiss her," Jacob shot back.

"Yeah after you told her you were going to go get yourself killed because you had nothing else to live for." Genevieve rolled her eyes. Bella had told her all about what Jacob had pulled on her on the mountain, and Genevieve was over Jacob's behavior and his entitlement towards Bella. "Which by the way, is a total dick move and if you weren't broken I'd kick your ass." Jacob rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything. "She's made her choice, Jacob. And it's not you. I'm sorry." Genevieve knew that despite his hotheaded nature, Jacob truly did care for Bella.

She sighed, turning back to the book she had brought with her. She barely finished reading a page when Jacob spoke again.

"Have you had a boyfriend before Seth?"

Genevieve kept her eyes on the page of her book, taking a deep breath. "Just one. He cheated on me and we broke up before I moved here." Genevieve sighed, "I thought we were in love. Obviously I was wrong. Love doesn't even come close to describe what we had." Not when she felt so much more for Seth. Her feelings back then were nowhere near as intense as what she felt for him.

"He didn't deserve you if he cheated," Jacob said. Genevieve looked up at him, her expression softened at the sincere look on his face. "I'm glad you and Seth have each other. It's nice to have the puppy love around."

"It's not puppy love," Genevieve rolled her eyes, her face flushing.

Jacob laughed, wincing immediately. He groaned, his good hand pressed against his side.

Genevieve frowned, scooting so that she was sitting next to his bed. "You'll be okay." She whispered softly before putting a hand on Jacob's warm shoulder. She closed her eyes as she sung softly under her breath. She felt Jacob's body relax under her touch, opening her eyes when his breathing evened out. She sighed, glad that she was able to alleviate his pain.