51

It had been almost a month since Genevieve returned from Maine.

In that month, a routine was quickly established between Genevieve and the rest of her supernatural friends and family.

Much to Genevieve's dismay, her routine involved going back to Forks High to finish her junior year of school. The administration was under the impression that Genevieve was out with mono for the month she was in Maine, so she wasn't required to catch up on all the work she missed. Genevieve tried to convince Lorelei to let her be home schooled, the Cullens offered and they've been to (and aced through) high school countless times.

Lorelei did not go for that plan.

So, by day Genevieve was an average junior in high school who stressed out over tests and the pressure to apply for colleges (which mind you, was the last thing on Genevieve's mind). After school, Genevieve split her time between Seth, Siren training, and the Cullens.

Her birthday had come and gone (not without a party thrown by a very enthusiastic vampire), and the now 17-year-old Siren found herself being trained in the politics of the Siren community by her mother. The more Lorelei taught Genevieve about the Siren government, the more Genevieve found it outdated and in the need of reform. Lorelei may not have wanted anything to do with the Siren government, but Genevieve couldn't stop the interest growing inside her.

The Sirens were surviving; Genevieve wanted them to thrive.

"Gen," Genevieve looked up from her calculus homework, finding Bella leaning against the arm of the couch she was seated on. Bella's eyes were no longer amber, instead matching the beautiful topaz eyes of the rest of the Cullens. Bella, to no one's surprise, held remarkable control around Genevieve despite her scent being more alluring than a human's. No one felt the need to babysit Bella anymore, which the newborn was immensely happy about. "Renesmee wants to go catch snowflakes, want to come?"

"Up in the mountain?" Genevieve pursed her lips, glancing down at her homework. If she had to pick between calculus homework and running around the mountains with Bella and Renesmee, she knew exactly what she'd rather do. "Sure, I'll need to borrow a coat though."

Alice appeared, a burgundy coat in hand. "Here you go!"

Genevieve rolled her eyes playfully, grabbing the coat from Alice. "Thanks Al."

Rosalie strolled into the room, Renesmee in her arms for a moment before letting the hybrid down. Renesmee ran up to her mother, wrapping her arms around Bella's waist. "Are you coming with us, Gen?"

Genevieve nodded, smiling at the grin on Renesmee's face.

"Ren, why don't you see if Jacob and Seth want to come too?" Renesmee nodded happily at her mother, running out of the room quickly. "She's getting so big," Bella sighed sadly.

"We'll find answers," Alice said confidently as she wrapped an arm around Bella's shoulder. "Gen, did you ask your Aunts if they knew anything?"

Genevieve shook her head sadly. "They don't. Our kind isn't really that well-versed in the histories of different species. Millicent didn't even know it was possible to create a vampire hybrid."

"Carlisle said there might be someone in Brazil with answers," Rosalie added, arms crossed as a frown adorned her features. "It's a start at least."

The four stood in silence until the sound of Renesmee's little feet running echoed through the home. "They're coming!" She shouted excitedly as she ran into her mother's arms. Bella held onto her daughter tightly, brushing a hand through the girl's bronze curls briefly.