Ten.

Keilani POV

So after the reception I drove home and got a duffle ready to head over to Shay's. I didn't wanna stay at one of the girls house because they would just comfort me and ask me am I okay and just put me in my bag. Shay is cool and he's funny, he'll take my mind off things. As I was walking downstairs I stepped on something and almost fell down the stairs.

I snickered at the thought of me busting my ass for a second because I always laugh at myself. I set down my stuff to see what I stepped on and saw that it was a rubber ducky. It was the rubber ducky I bought for Jeremiah's baby sister. I smiled a sweet smile looking down at the toy and let out a sigh. I miss my best friend. Yes he was trying to do something for my benefit but damn, you killed my brother. Even though that happened, I hope he's okay wherever he is. 

I set the duck down on the counter and grabbed my bag and headed to my car. I got hungry and I decided to stop for a box of pizza, some fried dough, mozzarella sticks, and chicken wings. I know Shay cheap ass never got no food, maybe like cereal or some shit. So I was gonna get my own.

After I got my food I pulled up to Shay's house. I got everything out my car and walked up to the front door. I was about to knock until I heard loud ass music blasting. I paused for a second and placed my ear against the door. I heard "Man in the Mirror" playing and I shook my head. Who is in this house because it's not Shay. His car ain't here. I proceeded to knock on the door and then the music stopped abruptly.

I waited for a second then knocked again. I heard quick shuffling around as if the person inside was running or falling or having a seizure. I began to worry that someone dangerous could have been in the house. But Shay lives in the burbs, a quiet, rich, gated community with racist white folks. The locks on the door finally began to move and the door slowly crept open but the person didn't show their face. Oh hell no !

I grabbed my mace out my pocket and held it tight as a bitch. Think I'm playin. Not today. I boomed threw the door knocking down whoever was behind it and I just started spraying I didn't take time to identify a face I just sprayed that bitch like air freshener. "Ahhhh stop ! stop ! stop ! my eyes Keilani !! STOP." the man yelled.

Once I processed that they knew my name and I heard the voice I stopped spraying. "FUCK MY EYES" I dropped my mace, placed the food down and dropped my bags. "You have got to be kidding me" I said as I watched Jeremiah frantically wipe his eyes. "Wtf Keilani" he semi yelled. "Uh-uh I'm leaving" I said about to grab my stuff. I didn't even care about it, I just needed my phone and keys. I grabbed them and began to walk out.

Jeremiah

I jumped from off the ground still wiping my eyes to go get her. "KEILANI WAIT... please." I said out of breath. "Give me one good reason why you're worth my time right now." She said still not facing me. "Because I miss you. Shit I'm fucked up right now. I know you miss me too. I can give you millions of reasons. But first just—just come inside please." I stepped out the door way and onto the porch, my vision still blurry.

She slowly turned around and tried to brush pass me but I grabbed her wrist. "Can you take me to the hospital first ? Please." I said trying to open my bloodshot eyes. She huffed knowing that she felt bad and then stood behind me and led me to her car. The ride to the hospital was silent. You could hear a pin drop. From time to time she would glance at me. When we got to hospital I got the help I needed for my eyes and then we left.

BACK AT SHAY HOUSE

"Here sit down." Keilani guided me to the couch and we sat. It was silent for a moment. "I'm sorry." We both said at the same time. Then we looked at each other. "What are you sorry for ?" I questioned. "Instead or talking to you and helping you with your problems, I was so busy being selfish and mad at you that I left you out to hang dry. I should've been willing to listen earlier. I didn't want things to get this intense." She rambled.