Thirty-Seven

Vonte Pov

I woke up around maybe 2 pm. Gabby wasn't next to me so I sat up and looked around. Once I was up, I noticed her in the corner of the room putting on clothes. "Oh good you're up. Come on, go take a shower and get dressed. We got stuff to do. We are gonna stop to get some food first. By the way, CJ is gonna tag along with us. That cool ?" She said all at once. I smiled. 

"Well good morning to you too ma." I chuckled. "You know, I wouldn't mind waking up to you everyday." She smiled. "Yeah lil dude can come." I said pulling the covers off me. I walked over and kissed her cheek and made my way to the bathroom. Once I was done with my hygiene routine, I poked my head out the bathroom. "Gabby, can I have a towel... I forgot to ask." She came a few moments later with a towel in her hand. I opened the door fully, showing myself off as I grabbed the towel. I smirked at her as I wrapped the towel around my waist. "You lookin real hard ma." I said walking past her while brushing my waves. "Yeah whatever nigga." She slapped my ass.

"Now if I did that to you, ya foot would be up my damn ass right." She giggled. "Okay you guys re-" CJ began to talk but stopped when he saw me choking Gabby. "Oh shit, I see what's going on here." He covered his eyes. "Boy nothing is going on." She shoved me off her. "Get dressed so we can leave clown." She said leaving me in the room. I got dressed in a light fit. I put on a yellow polo shirt, black ripped Levi's jeans, and white, blue, and yellow AF 1s that had a black Nike check. I put on some earrings and a chain. Ya boy was a little drip. I checked the weather and it was a little chilly so I put on a black Nike sweater. I put my wallet and hair brush in my back pockets and grabbed my phone and charger cord. I walked down stairs brushing my hair. "Ight, let's go." I said walking out to the car. "You driving ?" I said looking back at Gabby. "No, you are."

She tossed me the keys and we all hopped in. "So where y'all wanna eat ?" I said. "Uhhh... can we go to McDonalds." CJ said. "Ew, the first thing you want to eat is fake meat ?" Gabby said. "Crazy CJ, I was thinking the same shit brotha." I said pounding fists with him. "McDonalds it is." I said pulling off. "Okay, if we are eating junk, can it at least be junk we all like ? I'm not eating McDonalds. So we're going to Popeyes, if anyone disagrees, I'll grab the wheel and kill us all." She said smiling. "Okay then, Popeyes." I said looking at her crazy. We ended up reaching Popeyes and I pulled into the drive through. "What do y'all want, I'm not tryna sound stupid at the radio." I said. "Spicy chicken sandwiches." They said at the same time. "Sides ?" I asked. "Fries." CJ said. "Mac and cheese." Gabby said. "Drinks ?" "Medium sprite." Gabby said. "Same." CJ said. I nodded. "What about you ?" Gabby asked. "I'm not hungry." "Bye nigga, you're eating." She said. I smiled. I pulled up to the radio as the car ahead of me moved up.

"Hi, welcome to Popeyes, what can I get you today ?" The girl said sounding like she hates life. Before I could speak Gabby cut me off. "Hi can I have 2 spicy chicken sandwich meals. For the sides can I have 1 large Mac and Cheese and another Mac and Cheese but medium. And for the drinks, 2 medium sprites ?" She said. "Anything else ?" "Can I have another spicy chicken sandwich, with a side of fries and a medium sprite." "So you want 3 spicy chickens, 2 sides of Mac and Cheese, 1 large, 1 medium, and one with a side of fries, and 3 medium sprites ?" She repeated back. "Yes." "Okay, 18.64, next window please." She said. "Thank you." Gabby said sitting back. She scoffed. "Im NoT hUnGrY ass nigga. You funny." She said mocking me. I just shook my head. I pulled up to the next window and paid for our food and left. I pulled into a parking at Walmart and we ate before going in. "Ight CJ, I need you to find all the video game stuff. I'll text you what I want you to get, once you find it all, text me back. Gabby, come with me to help me find room stuff." I said. 

CJ nodded and headed off. I honestly could've done all this myself, I just wanted to get Gabby alone so I can talk to her about CJ. I was quiet for a little bit because how do you tell your potential girlfriend that her little brother told you instead of her, that he's gay. I sighed. "What's wrong ? you sighing and all quiet." She said looking through shelves. "I'mma just rip the band aid off. CJ told me he is getting bullied at school by some lil wanna be gangsta nigga." She paused to look at me. "He also told me he didn't wanna say anything about it to anyone because... he likes his bully." I said. "So you're telling me that my brother told you he's getting bullied, and that he's gay." I nodded.