Twenty

Tania POV

What's up guys it's Tania baddest of the baddest you know the vibes. Sike nah, but it's Christmas time and shit and we at Nyema's house getting ready. The boys are coming later, all the girls are here tho. We all are wearing cute Ms.Claus outfits. It's now around maybe 6pm almost dinner time and our mommas in the kitchen setting up the food and what not. I didn't wanna wait too long and have the food get cold so I called Shay to ask him where he was at.

"I'm on my way wit Jeremiah right now." As he was talking the doorbell rang and Nyema opened it. "Well hurry the food gon get cold." "Who's ova there right now." The twins walked into the living room. "Everyone but you, Jeremiah and Kyle." "Who the fuck is Kyle ?" "Thats Keilani new bitch. Don't nobody care about him." I heard Jeremiah comment in the background. I rolled my eyes. "Shut ya mad ass up Jerry. Bring y'all asses in 5 minutes or you gon starve." Before they could respond I hung up.

I saw Keilani come out the bathroom and I decided to ask her something. "Kei where's Kyle." She paused in reflection. "You know... that is a great question. I actually don't know and that's weird. He texted me about 20 minutes ago saying he's on his way. Being as though he doesn't live that far he should be here." She pouted her lip confused and reached for her phone. She sent a quick text and about 45 seconds later got a response.

"On my way ! made a stop to get the final touches on your present, see you soon," she read aloud. "Welp now we know where he is." she turned and said to me. I nodded. "How are you and him by the way." "We are doing really good. Why ask ?" "No I just wanna make sure you're in a stable position with your man and not having second thoughts about him." "why would I be?" she let out a confused chuckle." "no ! not like that. I just mean, you know Jeremiah and him like hate each other and they are they gonna be in the same room tonight and you're dead in the middle. You know these boys ride for each other too and if Jerry hates Kyle then they do too." "First off, Kyle doesn't hate Jeremiah. He has no beef with him actually. Jeremiah is in his childish world of toxic masculinity by himself." I see I offended her. "I'm so-". " And secondly, Jerry ?" she said. "Since when you call him that?"

"Girl I'm just tryna look out for everyone." "Are you Really ? because it seems like you're trying to stick your nose in my relationship and speak things that won't happen into exsitence. 'Jerry' aka Jeremiah ! and Kyle are both big boys, meaning yes, I do know they will be in the same room tonight, but I also do know ain't shit finna happen. So if you'll finally release me officer, I have to go help Nyema hang up some more lights." she said the last part as she stood up. I sighed defeated.

That didn't go as planned. I checked my clock and it was 6:23. I sighed in frustration because Shay was still not here. Then the doorbell rang. "Thank God." I said aloud and got up to open it. I cheesed like an idiot as I jumped on my boyfriend and bombarded him with kisses. After him in walked Jeremiah. The stench of weed was overwhelming as I hugged him. "Seriously, you couldn't have waited till after all our moms left." I whisper yelled. "Yo I smell. Are you dead ass ?!" he said trying so hard to open his eyes and focus. The smell of ahlchol was burning my nose hairs. I covered his mouth. I pulled him into the side hallway where nobody could see us.

"Okay buddy this is what I'm gonna need you to do. Go the fuck upstairs and brush your teeth and wash you hands and face. There are eye drops in the mirror cabinet. And change your shirt. Until you feel like you can fucking function straight don't come downstairs. You have 5 minutes before they start asking questions I don't want to answer. Go !" I said and he turned and went up the stairs.

I sighed in disappointment then I called Shay into the hall. "Wussup babe ?" "Ain't no what up babe nothing. Really ? you let him smoke and drink his brains out before coming here. You couldn't wait till after." I said annoyed with him. Like wtf. "Yo he's under mad stress right now. He's gonna have to sit here in not 1, not 2, but 3 awkward situations." "3 ?" "yes 3. First Keilani, then Kyle, and his mom. Who, let's not forget kicked him out after he killed somebody !" I sighed. "Then see the nigga who stole the shorty he loves, then see the shorty he loves with the nigga he hates !! I know I would feel terrible. You don't even know the damn struggle I went through to get him up and ready to come here. It was like changing a baby's diaper. So if the only way he can get through tonight is by being a little lit, then so be it. At the end of the day if he leaves I do too." I sighed. "You look so cute when you're loyal." I said in a pouty voice.