Nineteen

Jeremiah POV (Christmas Eve)

What just happened the other day hurt me like hell but it had to be done. Kei was right. We on a roller coaster of pain so I discontinued the ride. I'm not saying imma cut all ties wit her because we in the same friend group. I'm gonna see her around eventually, I'm gonna have to talk to her, so I'm not gonna put a dent in the friend group because me and her not seeing eye to eye right now. I love Kei, she always gon be my lil baby regardless what it is or who she with. Kyle ain't got shit on me.

Right now I'm at the mall with Shay we shopping for Christmas gifts for this secret Santa bullshit we got going on later. "Bro this Kyle nigga coming to the secret Santa tonight." Shay says. I seen him side eye me for my reaction. "Okay...so ?" I say raising my eyebrow, nonchalantly looking through shelves. "That don't bother you ?" He asks still trying to push it. It be niggas like Shay that are the reason why people can't let shit go. Always tryna push it. I turn and face him.

"Bro, my cuts still deep, my wounds still fresh, but I have had 3 months to heal. Whatever Keilani and that nigga do not my business. Life way too short to stay pressed bout some shit that was bound to happen. She found happiness in someone else outside of myself and all I can do is except that. He not finna be my bro, but if dude make an effort I'll make one too. I have no problem being cordial and civil in a public setting. Other then that you won't catch me messin' wit dis nigga cuz dats dead." I say sternly.

Shay put his hands up in surrender. "Sorry pastor." When we finished buying our gifts we went back to Shay's crib. Secret Santa isn't till 7 and it's at Nyema's house. She got a big house with a very spacious living room where we will be opening gifts. It's the tradition the group has been doing for a minute. Each year we do secret Santa and change houses. We have it somewhere else every year, on Christmas Eve we open gifts, eat dinner, play games, drink hot coco, and celebrate each other's friendship.

Then when it's all over we finish the night off with a Christmas movie on Netflix because Netflix always got the best movies for the holidays. And then we have the annual sleepover where we spend the night over the host/hostess's house and wake up together Christmas morning. We eat a Christmas breakfast, then later our parents come around and we eat a Christmas dinner and then we all go home. "Bro to be honest I'm on the fence bout the Christmas dinner." I say.

"What you mean on the fence ? Like you not boutta go ? That's breaking tradition man." Shay said confused. "I know bro and believe me I don't wanna do that to Nyema and y'all but it's just the fact that I ain't speak to my mom since she kicked out me out. So the family part of the dinner finna be weird. Y'all all gon have y'all parents and shit. Like even Keilani pops who moved to New York, flew back for the holidays. Mean while my mom ain't even call me to see if I'm still alive." I put my head down. Not one day go by where I don't think about my fight wit my moms. I love her but she irk my soul sometimes. I wanna fix things but idk man.

"Bro, come here sit down." We sat down. "My parents hate each other yo. They pretend they all good and shit for my sake acting like I'm not 19 years old and know what's going on. They do the best for me even if they have to do it separately. Do they piss me off ? Of course. Do they make me wanna kms ? Hell yeah. But the reason why I love them still is because they are the ppl who made me who I am and I can't ever forget that. So whenever I have an issue, just so it don't fuck with the bond me and my parents, we all sit and talk about it and that shit works. No matter how corny it seems it works. You and your mom ended on a bad note, and there's literally no telling how long we or our parents will be here. That's why you gotta cherish every moment. Make things right wit ya moms dude... because I promise you if you don't and it's too late... you'll hate yourself a lot more then you do right now. And I don't wanna see you that low bruh." Shay explained.