1.end

(Ouch)

[Ouch? Ouch?! Is that it?! Misha get up!]

Misha opened his eyes. He saw a white expanse leading to nothing and tried to feel his body for injuries but realized he didn't have a body to check. He was back in the system space.

Misha: "What happened to Kai? Did he transfer out of that world alright?"

[I don't know I was too busy trying to transfer you out to see but his soul signature isn't in that world anymore so I'm assuming so. But! Misha! That doesn't excuse your behavior! You should have taken the boat we prepared for emergencies! You were eaten alive and burned to death in the explosion! What were you thinking?!]

Interestingly Wyatt's normally calm white color turned a dark shade of red. Misha could practically feel the hot anger radiating off his round form. He really made Wyatt mad this time.

Misha: "You said you weren't sure if Kai could only leave after dying so I made him have a quick and painless death so he would transmigrate as soon as possible. That's all."

Wyatt turned an even deeper shade and Misha was feeling uncomfortably hot next to Wyatt so he floated a few steps back. He braced himself for the wave of abuse he felt was coming. At least Wyatt couldn't physically hurt him so it wouldn't be as bad as the nurse's anger, he just hoped Wyatt would be appeased faster than they were. If he had to spend weeks serving out his punishment in the system space then at least it wouldn't be considered a long one.

Just as he thought Wyatt reached his tipping point, white steam diffused out of the red ball in a big sigh and Wyatt returned to his normal white color.

[Hahhhhhhh. Misha...please, PLEASE take care of yourself more. It broke my heart to seeing you covered in your own blood screaming in pain. Please, I beg of you don't do that ever again.]

Misha was shocked and confused. He couldn't understand Wyatt's reaction.

(Wasn't he so angry just now? Wasn't he going to yell and scream at him for doing something wrong? Why does he sound so sad?)

He didn't understand but he knew he was the reason why Wyatt's voice sounded so sad and it made him feel guilty. He feels it would have been better for Wyatt to be angry than to be sad. Wyatt was one of the few people who was ever nice to him and the first one to really care for him. Knowing he was the reason he was so sad made him feel worse than if Wyatt was cursing him out.

Misha: "I'm sorry Wyatt, I didn't mean to make you sad. It's my fault. Don't be sad anymore...but even so I won't lie to you. I don't regret it because I wanted to save Kai and if it happens again then I would do the same thing over again."

[MISHA!]

Misha: "I'm sorry!"

(...I can see he won't budge on this. But he's completely missing the point! Calm down Wyatt, you've had to handle douche hosts and arrogant defiant hosts in your long career, you can do this. Breath. In and out, in and out.)

[Listen Misha I understand what you are saying but you are not understanding the main point of it. You are very smart. I don't mind that you wanted to save Kai but the way you did it was deplorable and it can even hurt others. Do you understand?]

Misha: "...yes I understand."

(...why did he hesitate for so long before answering? Hahhh I'll just watch over him more carefully next time. Let's move on to the next world.)

Once the world was selected, Wyatt ran off for a while. He was so fast Misha didn't have enough to time to follow. He could faintly hear Wyatt yelling in the distance but he couldn't make out the words.

[-uck, Da--, -$shat, -- sucking -----mom in a goat---, sh---!]

Wyatt quickly returned with a set of skills he was urging him to learn.

1. Close combat (master)

2. Sniping (master)

3. Firearms (master)

4. Stealth (intermediate)

(These skills...am I going into another apocalypse world? And I thought Wyatt said I could only learn three skills at a time but there is a fourth one, the levels are also really high.)

When Misha asked Wyatt about this all he responded was that it was the effect of Kai's soul piece.

[Since you have essentially accepted another person's soul to affect you own, the quality of your soul changes as well. This could be a good change or a bad change depending on the compadibility of the souls and the quality of the souls. Your soul for example is very pure and would normally be downgraded because of the rarity of pure souls. Surprisingly though Kai's soul is also pure just not in the same sense as yours.

If I had to say it, his is a strong light that seems it could burn through the dark while yours is a delicate light that people are drawn to when they are covered in darkness. They are both rare and pure qualities but on opposites in nature. It allowed your souls to harmonize in a way that made your soul more powerful. As such you are able to have a greater capacity to absorb more skills.]

Misha: "I see. In other words Kai made me stronger?"

[Correct.]

Misha closed his senses so he could feel Kai's soul piece better. He "looked" at it appreciately and if Kai was here he would give him a kiss to thank him for improving himself. But it wasn't about the amount of skills he could now absorb, he felt even if Kai's soul made him unable to absorb skills his soul piece made him a better person.

Wyatt made Misha promise not to talk about the number of skills of the level of skill if asked by any other entity except for Kai, reminding him about his pure soul being rare and now it was even more so with the addition of Kai's. As for the identity of the new world he wasn't allowed to say just that it was just as dangerous if not more than the first world.

As soon as Misha finished absorbing the skills he urged Wyatt to lead the way. He wanted to see Kai again. The warmly lit lights once again appeared on the dark expanse leading out of the system space and the feeling of anxiety and excitement filled his chest just as it had the first time. A new subtle tugging sensation on the skin of his neck and chest also pulled him along the path Wyatt was slowly floating on and he knew he was on the right path. He wasn't there yet and he was learning slowly but he was on his way to being happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.gofundme.com/support-this-small-author