2.13

Sorry for the long wait, I was busy preparing for Chinese New Year and the Superbowl. Enjoy! 

--------------------------------------------

Flashes, screams and occasionally spurts of blood danced throughout the halls. Everyone was immersed in defeating their opponents. The two sides were evenly matched and neither side showed signs of faltering. The scene was reminiscent to when Misha first arrived into the world. Only this time, he was an active player.

Misha controlled his nano-drone to shoot bolts of electricity from a distance. If Kai wanted to come close he would have to do so with numb and stiff muscles. A choice that would prove disastrous if he tried. Kai knew better than to try so he was shooting from a distance but with Misha surrounding himself with shields it proved futile. They were on the assassin's home turf.

This didn't deter Kai from attempting to get through though. He fired all kinds of trick shots to bypass Misha's defense. This caused Misha to constantly be on alert. If he falters just a bit, he will be hit!

They exchanged moves, going back and forth as they brought out techniques that could kill experienced veterans. If they weren't using real ammunition it would look as though they choreographed an elegant lightshow.

They ignored everyone else. They created a world of their own.

Unfortunately they couldn't maintain their own world forever.

A grenade rolled its way into their line of fire. Seeing the grenade thrown from an unknown source they both took cover. The resulting blast caused debris to fly everywhere but the worst of it was the sensory overload. This particular bomb was made with the intention to attack the five senses. People who were not prepared suffered damage, whether it was due to the actual grenade or the resulting sound wave reverberating in the room was hard to discern.

Al: "Sam! Who was the idiot who threw the grenade!"

Sam: "This is weird but right before the impact, one of our cameras was taken out from the crossfire of multiple battles. I can't discern who did it."

The only reason why Al could afford to yell at Sam during a heated battle was because he could see Leo was also busy trying to find out who threw the grenade. Which meant it didn't come from one of his men.

Al: (Is there another group trying to strike while we are under attack?)

Al quickly dismissed the thought. Missing the signs that Leo was raiding tonight was due to Leo's skills. He didn't believe there was a third group who had the ability to pull the wool over both of their eyes.

Al: (That only leaves one other option. We have a traitor. But the question is, under whose wing is this traitor hiding under?)

Al's first thought was Misha, he was the newest one to the group and had recently gone out for his first mission but arrived back late. There were many things that could have gone on in that time. Al moved from one team member to the next but could not come up with a definitive answer. After all, it is possible the traitor is hiding in Leo's squadron but he secretly doubted it. All of the people Leo brought tonight were his long time members and although he could be a facially paralyzed bastard with paranoia, he was also a trustworthy and formidable man who could make alpha kangaroos submit! He will just have to wait for the time when the traitor shows himself and then he will make sure every fiber of his being knows how poor his decision was when he decided to defect.

Both Misha and Kai also figured out the same things as Al and Leo, they tactically understood that they would hold off on their match until they could discern the traitor. As for Leo and Al they were watching them both and also decided to put their match on hold as well. They would ferret out the traitor and make him pay for ruining their fun.

On the surface it looked as though nothing had changed. Leo and Al were both fighting at incredible speeds and Misha and Kai were having a lethal game of dodgeball. It took longer for the others to get back into their combative states as they too pondered the oddity of the grenade. However this was soon swept away as they had to focus on their increasingly ferocious battle. They did not have the leeway to focus on other things while fighting an equal opponent.

Soon the battlefield returned to its previous chaotic state as though an interruption never happened. The traitor gave a sigh of relief, not knowing that four pair of eyes, three dark and one light were watching. Their eyes flashed with a glint only owned by a predator who has its sights on their prey.

-----------------------------------------

https://www.gofundme.com/support-this-small-author