2.11

Al: "You okay kid?"

Misha: "...Yeah."

Al: "Do you usually get such violent reactions to your night terrors?"

Misha: "Night terrors?"

Al: "Yeah, nightmares but worse."

Misha: "..."

Al: "I won't ask if you don't want to talk about it. Everyone has secrets. Even me."

Misha: "...I don't remember it."

Al: "I see. Then forget it and remember what you get up in the morning for."

Al got up to give Misha some space. Sometimes the best way to deal with your demons was to beat them down in the light of day.

Once the door closed with an audible click his mind was flooded with concern and anxious questions from Wyatt.

[Misha what was that? Are you okay? Are you uncomfortable anywhere? Still scared? Do you want me to get you anything?]

(I'm okay. Really. Like I said, I don't remember anything.)

[I thought you were just saying that because you didn't want to say what it really was.]

(No. I really can't remember what it was. Just...the lingering feeling remained. But whatever it was, I'm glad I was able to wake up. I think Kai was somehow able to help me wake up. I could feel him, here on my chest, screaming at me, urging me to wake up. It was why I was able to snap out of it before I could actually shoot Al.)

Misha took a moment to reconsider.

(That and I decided I could hear you screaming really loudly in my head to stop. I still couldn't figure out what was going on but I decided to trust you.)

[Aw! Misha...]

Misha turned away. He decided he didn't want to say anything more. But would Wyatt let him off so easily? Wyatt sent over an abundance of affection through their connection until Misha was almost covered in it. Luckily no one was there to see Misha's face turn red in embarrassment seemingly for no reason, or they would have thought he had a loose screw after such a frightening experience.

Unfortunately it was at this moment that Al decided to come back with a warm bowl of hot milk and strawberry granola. Misha quickly shook off his emotions and sat up straight to face Al's confused expression. In the distance he could hear the faint sounds of someone chuckling.

???: "Hm? That's rare. What could cause you to laugh?"

Kai: "It's nothing Commander Leo. So? When do we attack?"

A gruff yet subdued man eyed his apprentice warily. Even though he was the one to essentially raise him from child to the dangerous man he is today, he couldn't understand what was going on behind that stoic mask.

Leo: "Everything is almost ready. Sortie at the end of the week. 2100. Let the others know."

Kai: "Roger."

(Misha. I'll see you again soon. I hope you'll be ready. I'll help you forget your nightmares and chase them far away. Let's play~)

---------------------------

Late chapter but don't worry! Double release!