2.12

Al: "WAKE UP! WE ARE UNDER FIRE!"

Misha sprung out of bed and quickly took cover. He could hear the sounds of combat ringing out.

(Wyatt! What's happening! Why didn't you warn me?!)

[This isn't a real threat. You can feel it can't you? There isn't any killing intent. Otherwise you would have sprung out of bed yourself before they even got close.]

(Even if that's true I don't like being awakened this way. It brings back bad memories.)

[...I'm sorry Misha. I'll gently wake you up from now on.]

(It's not that big of a deal. You don't have to go to the trouble to do it every time. I just don't like it.)

[And that's enough reason for me to do it.]

(...whatever. Suit yourself)

[Hehe I will do just that.]

Al: "What the hell are you still doing in here! And what happened to your face? Why is it so red!"

Misha quickly rubbed his face to clear the emotions on his face. He needed to focus. It looks like the game has already started.

He stuck his fingers into the crevasse of the floor and wretched it open to reveal a hidden compartment. Inside held the suitcase he obtained on the first mission. As a reward for a mission well done Al said it was now his to use. Opening the case, Misha pulled out an all-black outfit equipped with a multitude of hidden weapons. His favorite was a beautiful set of projectile weapons and a homemade gadget he created outlining the seam of his hips.

Making sure everything was in place, Misha was ready to make his entrance.

(Wyatt can you show me a map of the area and where everyone is hiding?)

[Isn't that cheating?]

(No. I'm simply utilizing all of my resources. It would be foolish to not go all out. I don't when I'll get another chance.)

[Whatever makes you happy. And...there we go! Do you see it?]

(Yeah but how? I thought you couldn't directly affect the world?)

[I can't but as long as it doesn't leave an impact on the world I am able to manipulate some things thanks to the energy you collected in the previous world. Plus, I haven't actually done anything to the world, think of it as a hallucination. It looks real to you but it's just all in your head.]

(... Are you able to do that to other people too?)

[As long as they aren't important to the world.]

(Scary)

[Haha! Now you see how powerful I am! Never fear, I'll protect you.]

(Mmhm.)

Al: "You finally got here! Listen up, I don't know how they were able to bypass our systems but we need to clear them out. Until we know what their target is we will be in perimeter defense formation with the control room at the center. Sam, you will be the control tower. Everyone else is to be in position unless Sam says otherwise. Misha you are stationed at the flank. Remember don't die and honor!!"

"Honor!"

Everyone sprang into action. They silently flew to their positions. For the most part they worked together for a long time and knew what to do however this is the first time they would be working with Misha. They will see what he can do.

Al stood in full view in the middle of the main corridor. If anyone wanted to get through then they will have to come through here. The sounds of explosions and gunfire got closer and closer to the floor they were on.

The assassins sharpened their killing intent until they were at their peak. They were ready.

All of a sudden it was quiet. The contrast of the deafening noise to silence was jarring. It set them on edge.

From the speakers within their ears they hear a small voice.

Sam: "Be careful. They are right outside the door. They are trying to figure out your locations using heat sensing cameras and echolocation sonars."

(That's not going to work. Our clothes have advanced stealth technology to divert sensors such as those. We will be projected as though we are in another room. You're going to have to do better than that Kai.)

The doors slid open. This surprised the hell out of all of them. They shouldn't have been able to just walk into their base like this.

Al's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

The door opened to reveal nothing.

(Now!)

A flash grenade whirled into the room. Misha knew what it was at a glance and hurriedly covered his eyes. As it exploded gunfire echoed from the door. Misha quickly dodged but he could hear that some of the bullets had hit their targets.

(As expected.)

Sam: "Two down. Kid, Echo you two will have to fill the gaps."

"Roger."

"Mhm"

They moved from their original positions and took cover in a more strategic position. All the while they were beset by a hail of bullets. Among the bullets they could hear the stainless steel meeting gunmetal. The two sides waged war.

Misha threw thin needles to incapacitate his opponent's joints all the while weaving in and out of cover. He could tell they weren't the normal fighters, they had the fighting prowness of an expert. Too bad he was better.

"Kid second enemy closing in at 10 o'clock"

"Mhm"

Misha threw out a nano drone and a pair of special glove to control it. He would show Kai a nice little surprise.

Kai approached with steady unhurried steps. He grabbed Misha's first opponent withering on the floor and threw he back behind the offensive line.

Kai: "I told you we wouldn't be separated for long. Now, let's play to our hearts' content."

-------------------------------

https://www.gofundme.com/support-this-small-author