2.4

Misha: (Wyatt, Which way to the 544 Gordon Dragon Ave?)

[Turn left in the next two blocks and it will be straight ahead on the right in five miles.]

Misha: "Got it."

[Um Misha?]

Misha: "Yeah?"

[Wouldn't it be better to travel on the sidewalk?]

Misha: "No?"

Just as he said that he jumped over the alleyway. That's right, he jumped over. He decided since he shouldn't be seen the best way to travel would be by rooftop. He learned a long time ago that adults tend to only focus on themselves, what's immediately in front of them or those below them rather than above.

Misha: "I was told to go unseen and I thought this would be the easiest way to do it."

[I thought you wanted to explore the town. It would be much easier to see it from the sidewalk like a normal person.]

Misha: "...I'm not normal."

[Yes, I'll be the first to admit we aren't normal but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy normal things.]

Misha: "..."

Misha continued to hop rooftop to rooftop but he was absentminded. He was thinking about what Wyatt said. He knew he wasn't normal. He wasn't raised the same way a normal person was, he didn't think the same way a normal person did and even his body wasn't the same as a normal person. He was different. He never liked being different because it ostracized him, it made him a target, and caused him pain. It made him alone.

Misha: (I can't be normal. It's already too late for that. But Wyatt said 'we'. It's strange. All he said was one word but being told I'm abnormal doesn't bother me as much as it did. I wonder why? I'll ask Kai when I meet him. He might know, he isn't normal either.)

[...why don't you ask me?]

Wyatt was pouting inside. He could hear what Misha said but didn't understand why Misha doesn't ask him instead. Misha would usually ask him whenever he didn't understand or needed to clarify something. It miffed him that Misha didn't turn to him for advice like usual.

Misha felt awkward and realized he forgot to cover his thoughts from Wyatt before he began his contemplation. He didn't want to ask for a specific reason but he could feel the disappointment and sadness coming from Wyatt so he didn't put it off for long.

Misha embarrassingly admitted: "It's because I thought if I asked you, you would make me stop traveling by rooftop."

[...Are the roofs really that interesting?]

Misha: "Mhm. It's a lot less stifling than traveling on the ground. No one can see me but I can see them. I feel free and unhindered racing by roof by roof. I like it."

[Well, if you like it I guess that's fine. I just want you to try new and exciting things. Do more things that will make you happy and learn from the one that do not. Don't let small matters like not being normal hold you back from something that could make you happy.]

Misha: "Mhm. I understand."

Wyatt chuckled and sent warm appreciative feelings to Misha through their link.

Wyatt: (Misha's obedient side is so cute. If I had a physical body I would give him a big hug. Sigh...No other choice. It would be very hard on Misha if I happened to be separated from him in one of the worlds. The only thing I can do right now is send him my feeling through our link.)

Misha was in high spirits when he reached his destination. He slid down the roof in a quick but quiet manner and softly landed on the floor in front of a pair of immaculately clean glass doors. It turns out his destination was a high class restaurant. Without any hesitation he went inside as though he was an elegant and influential young master.

As he walked through the front of the house to meet with the hostess his back was straight and his stride was smooth. His damn master had thoroughly driven the manners of an upperclassman into his gait whether he wanted it or not. His bullshit reasoning was something about having pride in one's self and showing it was like holding a weapon to deter others or something like that. He didn't really care to be honest but if it kept others away from him then he didn't mind learning a thing or two.

(Sigh... my child only learned how to be more and more antisocial. Out of all the skills he learns he's only exceptional at this. If only he was able to be just as capable at self-sufficient chores like cooking for himself or buying things to wear.)

If Misha could hear Wyatt's thoughts he would cry foul. He doesn't really intend to learn any of those things. He already knows what he doesn't like or want to do will be taken care of by Kai. The same is vice versa. Whatever Kai doesn't like he will do for him.

Stopping in front of the receptionist in a haughty and arrogant tone Misha announced the code words associating him with the organization.

Misha: "I am here to uphold my family's obligation and honor our people. But I will need help to complete my mission and I will need to be at my best. I reserved beforehand so provide me a table for one."

The receptionist gave a deep bow and waved towards the private room: "Yes kind sir, right this way."

-------------------------------------------

Sorry guys I know this chapter is late. I've been taking a lot of OT and haven't had the chance to write. Hope you guys liked the chapter!

https://www.gofundme.com/support-this-small-author