2.8

Merry Christmas!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Misha pay attention right now or I'll make sure you two never have a private moment in this lifetime!]

Misha replied irritably: "What is it, Wyatt?"

(Is he already in his rebellious stage? They grow up so fast.)

[The suitcase. As much as I know you want to be with Kai right now it's going to be dark soon and we should bring it back by the end of the day.]

Misha felt a little guilty now for snapping at Wyatt. He didn't mean to do it but he didn't like having his time with Kai interrupted. It's been so long since he saw him, the only thing he wanted to do was to get used to his new form. Even so, he shouldn't have taken it out on Wyatt.

Misha leaned away from Kai and had a downcast expression. He should know best how horrible it feels to be unappreciated and despised despite putting forth your best effort.

*Flashback*

Misha limps through the streets, an impression of irregular steps were etched into the snow. Cradled protectively in his arms was a cooling bowl of diluted chicken soup. He gripped the fragile plastic close trying his hardest to not spill another drop as his body instinctively tried to warm himself every time a violent shiver racked through him.

He wanted to savor the fading warmth radiating in front of his chest but he needed to move fast. He pushed his leg faster. Luckily the cold numbed the ache that plagued his injured ankle so he could put more pressure on it in his haste.

The steam wafted around his face like a tempting caress encouraging him to stop and eat but he wouldn't. He needed to hold on for a little longer.

He finally made it through the bleak weather and entered the satirically welcoming threshold of the orphanage. He moved quietly through the creaky platform already familiar with the boards that make the most noise. He moved smoothly even with the lame leg weighing him down.

Moving to the room in the back he opened the tiny claustrophobic room. Housed within was a small child huddled on the thin sheets. The child was too hot in spite of the frigid air and rapid shallow breaths obscured the child's red face.

Misha stooped down to the child's level and gently woke her up. The girl grunted and irritatingly tried to open her eyes and get up. Seeing the bowl of soup in Misha's arms the girl's eyes glittered and became obedient.

The little girl whispers: "Big brother where did you get the food? I thought Nurse said we couldn't eat since some of the food was stolen?"

The little girl wasn't really his little sister but he felt happy hearing it from another person. It made him feel like he wasn't alone. Now he was glad he decided to use some of the money he hid away for emergencies.

Misha: "Don't worry about it. I didn't steal the food I was able to get some leftovers from the restaurant on the other side of town. I will give this to you but don't tell anyone okay?"

The girl nodded her head vigorous. She didn't even bother to listen to what Misha was saying. She would agree to anything as long as Misha gave her the food.

Smiling indulgently Misha handed over the bowl. The girl devoured the soup without any hesitation. She licked the bowl clean still unsatisfied with the meager amount. Looking to Misha in hopes of more food, Misha had to awkwardly shake his head and hold up his hands to show he wasn't holding out on her. Sad there wasn't any more she handed back the bowl before laying back on the bed.