2.14

Hey guys I know I skipped last week's chapter but in return this chapter is twice as long. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unknown man gave a sigh of relief. He privately scolded himself at his hasty decision. He saw Al and Leo were gradually slowing down so he believed they were tiring each other out. He thought if he injured their precious apprentices then they would be distracted enough where he could take Al and Leo out before they could recover from the sensory bomb but unfortunately they responded quickly and defended themselves from the effects before it went off. No matter, he wasn't discovered. He will get his chance. He just needs to be patient.

He parried a blow and struck his knife into the opponent's thigh. If he wanted he could have went for the throat instead. What a joke, they were assassins for crying out loud! They were meant to kill! Unfortunately Al still went by the old outdated code, where they were only supposed to honorably kill specific targets when justice couldn't properly be dealt out. What bullshit. But if he killed his opponent who is obviously weaker than him then he'll be found out for sure. On the other hand, that didn't mean he couldn't maim his opponent or cause his death indirectly. That knife is now imbedded in the femoral artery. If he doesn't die of blood loss than he'll likely lose the leg. Hehe.

Danger!

He listened to his instincts and rolled away. Even so, his foot was charred as a bolt of lightning grazed passed. He didn't have any time to relax as bullets and daggers came at him in succession. This time his leg wasn't just grazed.

Echo: "What is the meaning of this?"

Misha and Kai were glaring at the man. The two of them stood in sync as the others stopped the own battles to watch.

Misha: "Don't you know?"

The man looked between Misha and Kai and smiled viciously: "Oh, I see you are actually with the mercenaries! No wonder you could fight so well. Turns out you should have become a pole dancer or a porn star instead. Your choreographing and seduction skills must be really great to fool even Al!"

Kai's expressions turned especially dark while Misha's expressionless face didn't show an ounce of change. He was too busy trying to placate Wyatt.

[POLE DANCER?! PORN STAR?! HOW DARE THAT WHINEY, PREMATURE EJAC-!]

(What?)

[...Nothing you should be listening to. Ignore what you just heard. Just know I wish him a cruel and unusual death. Nothing more.]

(Um...okay...I guess.)

[Hmph. That fool. You have more combat ability in your left pinkie toe than he has in his past, present and future. I've personally seen how much you trained and how good you are and I won't let anyone demean it.]

Wyatt calmed down considerably and started to mutter things he couldn't really hear but it didn't seem that important so Misha decided it'd be best to ignore it for now. There were more pressing matters at hand.

Al: "What's this now? Are we going to have to separate you guys like children now?"

Al's voice was laid back and a smile played at his lips but there was no mirth in his eyes. Leo looked in interest. He could see his protégé was standing unusually close to the newest addition of Al's team. It looks like his goal will be achieved a little faster if his hunch is correct. He decided to sit back and watch for now.

Echo: "Good timing Al, it looks like we have a traitor among us."

Al: "Oh? Do we now, and you think Misha is the traitor?"