2.1

First of all I want to thank you guys for waiting and your votes and comments!

10/15 ---> #1 System!!!!!!!

The mysterious man saw how much pain Misha was in as Misha started to tug his hair when massaging his temples did not work. Unable to stand the annoying sight any longer he directly knocked Misha out. At least he wouldn't have to see it anymore. He never liked watching people suffer. There were some unethical assassins that liked to "play" with their targets before the hit but he held them in contempt. Assassinations should be dealt with fast and clean. Enjoying the suffering of others was sick and not the assassin way.

He could already tell this kid was someone special. There were many children who were orphaned in wars, political games and just irresponsible parents. All of them had a kind of lost look in their eyes and this one wasn't an exception. But unlike the others, this one seemed to have found something else. It was fascinating if he were to be honest with himself. The duality of lost yet found, and his eyes looked so pure but his moves were so deadly and determined he was curious on what kind of person this kid was and what he experienced. He decided he would make this kid his apprentice. In time he knew this kid would even surpass himself. He, who everyone acknowledged as the best assassin and feared for his terrifying skills would create an even greater successor.

There were many other young prospects that wanted to be his apprentice but he felt they all lacked something special or were too awed by his reputation. He could see this child held that special quality he was looking for and the wariness he saw in his eyes was partly due to not knowing who he was fighting against and his skill level.

That was the biggest reason why he decided to believe Misha did not have a mission and subsequently belong to a group. Everyone had a mission. It was especially so in this era of turmoil, there wasn't a single assassin or mercenary who wasn't constantly on a mission. This included trainees and apprentices which sadly usually ended in their deaths. He doesn't want to see it anymore, he hopes this destructive age will end soon.

The figure of an imposing back flashed in his mind before he quickly shoved it away. He needed to keep his mind focused in the times to come and thankfully he acquired just the right thing to keep himself occupied.

Needless to say when he regrouped back at the hotel his subordinates were surprised to see him bring back a child. Their jaws dropped at his next words.

Al: "This kid's my little brother. Treat him well."

After dropping such a bomb he didn't even wait for a response before he unceremonious left to enter his private room. He threw the unconscious kid onto the bed while he went to shower.

Misha woke up to the sound of water hitting tile. The steam overflowing into the room. He rushed out of bed and although he was still dizzy he staggered to the bathroom. There was only one person who was allowed into his master bedroom. All the others were located at the base perimeter where they could raise the alarm if an abberant made it past the traps.

Al: "Need me for something?"

Misha stopped before he could peek inside. He gripped the threshold until cracks snaked away from his fist. It wasn't the person he was looking for. He wasn't here. This wasn't the apocalypse world where Kai was waiting in the kitchen to cook him breakfast or prepare warm water for a morning bath. He was physically alone in a strange world.

Not caring about the bathroom anymore he dragged his feet back to the bed. Thankfully the pain in his head subsided to a dull ache and he could actually think about what he needed to do next. He at least had Wyatt here with him even if it was only his voice inside his head.

(Wyatt, is Kai also in this world?)

[Child I'm sorry to say but you would know that better than I do. You are connected after all...but Misha, it's going to be alright. I know you miss Kai feeling lonely right now but remember I'll always be here for you.]

(Mmh. I know Wyatt...it's just...I miss him.)

[And that's okay. Miss him while he isn't here, cherish him when you find him and make more memories with him in the future. I believe that's how you will be able to find true happiness so I'm sure he's somewhere in this world. Only...Misha I would like to make a suggestion. I want you to stay with this person for now. Since the son of god is here it will make it easier for you to learn something new and possibly find other facets of happiness.]

(Other facets of happiness? What do you mean?)

[I mean there are other ways to be happy. I don't believe it's good to be so dependent on one source of happiness. There is an old saying which says to never put all your eggs into one basket and I believe it would be good for you to explore other ways to be happy.]

Before he answered Wyatt Misha wanted to try to find Kai first and foremost. He closed his eyes just like he did in his space. He could very faintly feel that his segment in Kai's soul was somewhere in this world but where exactly he was or what he was currently doing couldn't be discerned. The only thing he could feel was that he currently wasn't nearby.

(...sigh okay for now I'll hold off on finding Kai and try interacting with the son of god. It would be better than flying blind in a world as dangerous as this. I don't want to die before meeting Kai again.)

[Good plan Misha. And I know it'll be hard for you to interact with a stranger but give it a try.]

Wyatt sent warm and bright feelings to help encourage and show him how proud he was of Misha for giving something he obviously hated to do a try. He could only do so much and the rest was up to Misha but he would watch over him and hope these feelings support Misha when he was overwhelmed or felt like giving up.

Enjoying the warm feelings and placated with a course of action decided, he laid to rest on the bed a little longer. The headaches always draining his mental and physical reserve to a sluggish degree and this time was no exception. The only time he didn't need to rest afterwards was when Kai used his healing powers to alleviate his fatigue. He laid on the bed trying to rest his body even if his mind could not rest in the presence of an unknown person, he thought it was such a pity Kai wouldn't have that power anymore.

He listened to the sounds of water pattering on the tile as he waited for the stranger to come out. He didn't know what he really wanted from him and waited vigilantly, fighting against the sluggish fog seeped in his brain.

He didn't know when he started his shower but the person inside seemed to be enjoying the scalding waters. After an hour of waiting the sound of metal squeaking against rubber replaced the steady beat of water drops. Misha calmly sat up and waited for the next move. Luckily his body was able to recover within the hour and he would be able to react at a moment's notice.

When Al finally stepped out he was vigorously drying his hair with a fluffy white towel. He didn't so much as glance at Misha as he made his way to the mini fridge next to the bed. Popping open a chilled bottle of sparkling mineral water, he leisurely quenched his thirst before expending a minimum effort to pay attention to Misha.

Al: "No need to be so uptight. Here, drink some water. It is directly imported from an oasis in the Delphi desert."

Al tossed a bottle to Misha and although he caught it he made no move to drink. He told Wyatt he would try to interact with the son of god but that didn't mean he could trust him to not harm him or scheme against him.

Watching Misha's reaction, Al simply hummed a faint tune. He could tell what Misha was thinking and he couldn't help think that Misha really was suitable to be a master assassin. He was cautious to the extreme yet his body language was conveying nonaggression. The perfect stance when a person was at a disadvantage. The only thing was the fact that he didn't know when to distinguish when he should and shouldn't be acting this way. After all, there really wasn't anything else inside the bottle except for water and from the way the salt was sticking to his body due to the air at the harbor warehouse Al knew the kid was dehydrated.

Al laughed to himself: (Well, no matter. I'm this kid's teacher now and he will learn when he can relax and when he can't. At least the drive to run away is gone from his eyes. I wonder why he decided to stick around. Oh well, I will learn the reason in time. There's a lot to teach, I hope he's ready~)