Prologue

Soma's POV

Tiny silver flakes drifted before my eyes as I stood outside of Fenrir's walls. Lazily swirling, the fragments collected by my feet, forming a soft white blanket beneath my toes.

I swiped at the crystals collecting upon my eyelashes and winced. So cold... I shivered at the beauty that was unfolding before me, drinking in this new experience, before it could be snatched away from me once more.

So this is snow...

This was the first time I had ever left the safety of Fenrir, and subsequently, it was the first time I had seen a snowfall.

I bent down and clutched a fistful of the brilliant shining snow, pain running through my hands at the immense chill that it brought. Maybe I could end it all here.

Fear ran through me as I remembered the place I had ran away from; the blank white walls, the silver operating table I was strapped to, the endless hour's of pain as I was experimented on.

I glanced down at my white lab clothes. That's all I am to them. That's all I am to him. A test subject.

My damned father...

It's a miracle I escaped from that godawful place at all; I'm such a precious lab rat. From birth I have been deemed a monster, shunned by society, always told I should not exist.

So why can't I do that; just cease to be?

I heard the loud thumping of feet, followed by a roar in the distance and slowly began to walk, step by step towards the aragami, trailing my numb feet behind me.

I will die the way I want to.

Little did I know, death was once more going to be denied me, by a shooting star that was streaking towards the aragami, wings outstretched...