Chapter 10: Shadows rain

Numb by Linkin Park. Just YES. This was one of the few playable remixes on wattpad. It's okay, but the original is just way better.

"You're okay" Sakuya looked up towards a soothing voice, Lindow was knelt in the snow before her.

He speedily bandaged her arm, gently folding the fabric over her wounds to minimise her pain.

"There." she blinked up at him, a little dazed, before her face flushed a little. He was too close. "Can you fight?"

"Y-yeh." she nodded, taking to her feet.

Lupa's POV

I was, quite literally, thrown from my daydream, back into reality by none other than the one I had been thinking about- Soma.

I was flung to the ground behind him as he raised his god arcs shield, protecting us from an aragamis attack.

The aragami was...new.

Huge fangs jutted out from a wide jaw, the head of the beast a little like that of a bear. This lead to a heavily armoured body, four short legs- heavily armed with claws- and a long, spiky tail.

The crimson killer let out a blood curdling roar before swiping at Soma with it's front paw. He leapt up, over the paw and slammed his blade down at the creatures feet.

"Hey, you. Get up and do something useful." he growled coldly at me, landing by me and pulling me to my feet, ending my slight daze.

I immediately leapt into action, raining blows down on the aragamis head as Soma attempted to swipe its feet out from underneath it.

The aragami howled in rage, attempting to sink its teeth into me, but I was one step ahead, already stepping out of a portal a good few metres back, firing blaze bullets into its face.

Stumbling back, it turned its focus to Soma, swishing its tail into his side before he could pull out his shield.

Lindow flipped over Soma's skidding body, swinging his god arc over his head and hitting the monsters side, causing it to fall to one knee. (did it even have knees?)

"Get to Soma!" Sakuya called to me as she fired more bullets, covering Lindow for the moment.

I hurried to his side,  reviving his unconscious form. (He had apparently hit his head off a rock or summat, the weakling)

He rose to his feet speedily, nodding his silent thanks, before leaping back into the fray. I joined Sakuya, catching a quick breather.

The two boys seemed to be doing fine without her, they were finishing off the aragami with little difficulty.

But then I sensed a sudden change in the aragami's attack pattern. It raised its huge head as though about to roar, and I was filled with a sense of dread. "Get out of there!" I screamed, but the two only looked up at me in confusion.

I checked my stamina. Almost empty. Damn it!

I saw dark matter collecting above the aragamis head, which then suddenly dispersed across the sky. It collapsed to the floor.

I grabbed a suprised Sakuya and teleported next to Soma and Lindow, who still hadn't worked out the danger of the situation they were in. I raised my arm above our heads, silver chains dancing around us as I focused all of my remaining light energy into a shield.

The darkness rained down upon us. Where it landed, dark flames began to burn in the snow, flaring up brilliantly before turning to shadowy ashes. The rain ran off my shield, landing away from us, and I sighed in relief.