Chapter 36: Hypocrite

Rules of nature from Metal Gear: Rising Revengeance. I used to watch my older bro play on this and fell in love with the music, it's so awesome.

And I fell in love with Raiden. I mean, he's pretty hot for a cyborg right?

Watch/play it. It's really cool.

Was just browsing the NORN database and realised that neither Licca nor Hibari had joined at the time this book is set...oh well.

...he he he...*evil genius face*

Lupa's POV

It wasn't difficult to find the others. We just had to look for where all the aragami were gathered, fighting our comrades.

My legs were aching, my teeth chattering, and it was hard to move, let alone run into battle, but unfortunately, I had no choice.

Aria and Sakuya were struggling. Not surprising when both were gunners, in all fairness.

"Hey!" I shouted, throwing a gboro-gboro off Sakuya and drawing its attention away from the exhausted medic.

It gave a funny yelp as I attacked the tail, knowing it was a weak point from my many battles. Soma was taking out the cannon on its back, while Ari joined me in the tail fin assault.

I heard a loud crunch, the enemy screached. Guess that meant the tail was unbound.

A wall of ice sprang up in front of me, and I slid back, barely dodging in time. A scream alerted me that one of the others hadn't been so lucky.

I got to my feet, hurrying back to the icy tower. I reached a hand out to the ice, hoping to free the trapped person.

Before I could reach it however, the wall exploded in a shower of ice needles, and I was sent crashing across the ground.

I came to a painful stop, quickly dragging myself to my feet, only to fall over again as Sakuya smacked into me, being the one originally trapped in the ice.

The weight was added to by the second gboro-gboro, which sank it's teeth deep into Sakuya, who was thankfully already unconscious.

I kicked at the monster on top of us, unable to move properly with so much weight on me, but naturally this had no effect.

A sick feeling bubbled up in my throat as I watched blood pour from Sakuya's wound, dripping onto me.  Without my god arc, I was powerless to stop it. The aragami drew back, about to bite again.

I didn't give it the chance. Something snapped within me, my fear turned into titanium, and I activated my powers.

Telaporting behind the creature, I stabbed my silver angel sword deep into the tail, then ran up its back, slicing it in two. I leapt up, returning time to normal, and the body fell, broken in half.

I whipped my sword over my head and threw it into the core, landing ahead of it. The core shattered, and I took my sword handle as it fell, spinning it into the sheath at my side. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance moment btw.

Sakuya. I ran back to her side and swallowed fearfully. The aragami had made a good job of messing her up, that was for sure.

My bar was almost empty, but it was clear that none of the remedies I had would heal her wounds. They were aweful. If I didn't do something soon, she would be in death's hands.

Just like my brother. The memories started to push to the surface.

I held my hands just above her tattered body, closing my eyes with shaky breath. I had to keep calm.