Chapter 43: Surprises

5.51k+...so happy ^_^

I literally only just finished writing this chapter so I won't be able to update the next for a loooong time.

Oh and it's been about two months since the first chapter about Neo, so he is really developed as a character in my mind. Therefore let's just say he's now been at Fenrir for a while, and accept his OOCness

----------------------

"One down, four to go." Lindow smirked, enjoying the seething glare Soma was giving him. "You know Soma, if you had acted just a little bit quicker, you could have easily taken out this big boy."

The 'big boy' (also known as a Sekhmet), was currently lying under Lindow's feet as he casually smoked a cigarette.

"...Shut up." Forcing his face to return to its neutral state, Soma turned his back on his irritating leader. Not worth my time.

"Because you know that was all my work." Lindow watched Soma retreating with a grin. "You're just the 'helpful' sidekick in this scenario. Therefore I-"

"That was my kill." Soma muttered, clenching his fists as he continued to walk away. "Not. Yours."

Now I've got you. Lindow flicked the remains of his cigarette at the dead aragami's head before hopping off of the carcass. "Oh ho ho. Is that so?"

"Yes."

"Prove it." He stopped dead in his tracks at those cursed words. "How about a healthy who-can-kill-their-two-aragami-first competition?"

This sparked Soma's interest, though he tried his best to sound reluctant when he replied. "Go on..."

"We each take out a gboro-gboro and a fallen ogretail before heading to the landing point." He pointed to a small platform in the centre of the City of Mercy, just three feet away from where they were stood.

Soma sighed in mock boredom, though he could feel the adrenaline beginning to pulse through him at the thought of competition. "What's the catch?"

The hazy afternoon sun hung thoughtfully over them, bright rays twisting into the god eater's eyes. "If I win, I get all your beer rations for the month."

Soma frowned. "And if I win?"

"If you somehow, mysteriously and impossibly win against all odds..." Lindow paused, trying to think of something that would easily backfire on Soma. He clicked his fingers. "Then I'll give up my place on my next, high ranking, well-paid mission and hand it over to you."

"..." For a second he thought Soma had seen through his plan, due to the intelligent scowl on his face. However, Soma simply replied with a "...Fine."

"Oh forgot to mention btw." Lindow smirked as Soma rushed off. "That mission was gonna be for just two members."

Soma scowled as he listened to the pesky egit a.k.a Lindow. "So what?"

Lindow only laughed evily. "You'll see."

(God I love this remix)

(Pauses writing to listen)

(SO MUCH HYPE)

(Soma agrees)

(Soma: Shut up)

(Me: Don't freaking contradict me dude it's my book)

(Soma: I'm a main-)

(Me: I LOVE THIS SONG YUS YUS YUS...)

(Soma: For God's sake)