The Rug

Francis's point of view
I woke up my head was laying on Mary's shoulder. She had her hands in my hair along with her nose. Her night gown was soaked because of all my crying from last night. My eyes were all crusty too. I can't believe I snapped at her last night. I feel awful. It's so not like me to get that angry. Especially not with my family. She was so supportive and loving last night. I don't know how I'm going to tell my children their grandpa is gone. It's so cold out. I pulled the blankets further over us. "Mary wake up." I lightly shook her. "Francis." She smiled "Mary" I smiled "Are you okay?" She asked "I'm fine." I smiled "sure?" She asked "I'm just torn over what I'm going to say to Madelyn and James." I said "I know it's stressful, this whole day is going to be stressful. At least this whole year is going back to be a ball of stress. And I can talk to our children if you want me to." She said "No I just want you to come with me to tell them." I said "Of course I will." She said "I'm so sorry for yelling at you." I said "It's okay Francis, you were in shock and I'm not mad." She said "Are you sure?" I asked "Francis," she cupped my face in her hands. "you could yell at me, tell me you hated me, hell you could cheat on me. I'm not saying we won't fight because we will, we'll have differences in our opinions and we will go through really hard times. But Francis Valois I will always be hopelessly in love with you, nothing you do or say will ever change the amount of love I have for you in my heart." She said then kissed me. "I love you so much." She kissed my cheek. "I think my other cheek needs some love." I smiled "Do you?" She giggled then kissed my other cheek then lightly kissed my lips. "I love you too." I said "And I know you would never cheat on me that was just an example." she smiled "I don't want to get out of bed." I hugged her. "I know but we have to." She stroked my hair. "Mhm no." I said "Come on I'll pick you out an outfit." She said, she pulled me out of bed. "Strip." She smiled "Okay." I smiled, I took off everything but my under wear. "Now put on this." She handed me a very formal outfit, fur and all. I put it on. "This is the worst." I said "Well I think you look very handsome." She smiled "Thank you." I smiled then kissed her, she got into her outfit. It was a lightly toned skin color dress. It was slightly off the shoulder with a wide v-neck that didn't show anything. It was long sleeved and not to big of a bottom. She put her hair up in a braid crown the put a small diamond tiara on. She's so beautiful. "Ready?" She held my hand. "I don't want to tell them, it's going to break their hearts." I said "I know my love," She stroked my cheek. "but we're parents and we can't put our feelings  in front of theirs." She said "I know, I just don't want to see them cry." I said "Me neither." She said, there was a moment of silence. "Come on." She said, we walked down to their playroom. They will probably been in there at this time. We walked in and Madelyn and James ran to Mary. "How did my beautiful children sleep?" She smiled "I didn't have anymore night meres." Madelyn smiled. "And I just slept." James smiled "Well that's good too." She smiled, Madelyn came over to me and jumped in my arms. "You snore really bad daddy." She said "I'm so sorry." I smiled "It's silly when you snore." She giggled "Oh is it?" I tickled her. "Yes." She giggled, I spun her around then kissed her forehead. "Madelyn and James, your dad and need to have a very important conversation with you two." Mary said "Okay Mommy." James said, we went over and sat on my rug. James next to Mary and Madelyn in my lap. "Some thing happened to grandpa." She said "Is He okay?" He asked "Well your grandpa has been sick for a very long time now, and last night he got extra sick and it was his time." She said "Is grandpa in heaven?" Madelyn asked "Yes he is Madelyn." I said "I didn't want him to leave." She cried into my shoulder, I looked at Mary who was tearing up. "Mommy I miss him." James hugged her. "I know I miss him too, I'm so sorry." She said stroking his hair.