The Curtain

Francis's point of view
I couldn't sleep. I feel horrible about how things went with Mary, I can't believe I grabbed her like that. I should go talk to her. I got out of bed and walked down to the hall. I went to her room and knocked on the door. She didn't open up. "Mary, baby will you please open the door. I'm so sorry, I just want to talk." I said, I waited a few more minutes and she didn't open it up. Maybe she's sleeping? "Okay Mary I'm coming in." I said, I opened the door. I heard crying. "Mary, where are you?" I asked. "Daddy?" I heard little whimpers. The crying is Madelyn. "Madelyn pumpkin where are you?" I asked "Daddy is the bad man still here?" She asked "What bad man?" I asked "The bad man that came and took mommy." She said "It's okay, the bad man is gone. You can come out now." I said, she came out from behind a curtain in the corner. She ran to me and hugged me. "Madelyn I need you to tell me what happened." I said "I came to mommy's room because I had a bad dream and she was on the floor and I kept calling for but she wouldn't answer me so I went to get you because I thought the baby was coming but then the bad man came and said I needed to get in the corner and be quiet or he would kill mommy. Then he took her and I was so scared and I didn't help her I'm so sorry daddy." She cried. "Madelyn look at me, this is not your fault okay? You did exactly what you were supposed to do." I said, she nodded her head and wiped her tears. I picked her up and went out the door. "Guards! The Queen is missing!" I yelled. Everyone started running to start looking for her. I went in James' room and woke him up. "Dad what's going on?" He asked "I promise I will tell you tomorrow, I just need you to come with me." I said "Okay." He said, I brought him and Madelyn to my room. "Okay Grandma is going to come in here and spend the night with you guys in my room. They were both tired so they got in Mary and I's bed and laid down. I watched them sleep until my mom came. "Francis are you okay?" She asked "I need to you to stay with them." I said "Okay, why?" She asked "I will explain later just don't leave them." I said, she nodded. I closed the door. "I want at least two dozen guards outside and inside my chambers." I shouted, guards started scurrying around. I went to the thrown room. "What do we know about the queens where a-bouts?" I yelled. "Your grace, she was taken by the Spanish. By your sister." He said. Oh my god. How did I let thing happen?