The Begining

England was cold wet and horrible! I couldn't wait to get my letter from the SAoD ( Sydney Acadamy of Dance) with the information of my arrival dates and schedule. This was the biggest thing that had ever happened to me! I hade been dancing since the age of 4 at the local dance school and I finished there when I was 18 knowing that I was going to leave a lot of people behind! I had had an amazing time there and met some of my best friends there! As we grew up, people dropped out, they moved away or they couldn't afford the fees. So by the age of 16 there was 6 of us left which was good because we progressed more and got more attention whilst dancing. Luckly my dance teacher (Miss Grant) was talking to us about our careers and what we wanted to do. Guess what we all said?! Perform! Then she made the question harder!

"What type of performing do you want to do?" Dreams flew out of everyone's heads!

" West end!" Said one girl.

"Broadway!" Said another.

"Television!" called another.

Then everyone looked at me and Scarlett ,who was sitting next to me at the time, asked me what I wanted to do.

" It sounds silly!" I said looking at the floor. No one said anything, they just looked at me reassuring me that they weren't going to laugh at me. So I took in a deep breath and mumbled under my breath "abackupdancerinconcertsforbands" I blurted it out hoping no one could hear me. They all looked really confused! I took another deep breath and said " A back up dancer in concerts for bands." They just stared at me then slowly one by one they each formed a smile!

2 years later, I left the dance school in my village and moved to Buckden where I studied performing arts for another year. Half way through my year at Stageworks, we all applied for multiple jobs and universities! I got accepted in 4 different universities all around the world! I decided to go for the one in Australia because it had well trained teachers, low fees, outstanding comments and it makes a change from Englands grotty weather! Stageworks was amazing though! It was one of the best parts of my dancing education!

That brings us to now! Me on my own in a flat in Buckden. Living out of boxes and suitcases. Waiting for my letter from SAoD. It would be coming any day telling me when I would be starting at the Acadamy and my timetable for the year.

I went to bed early that night, another day had gone by with out my letter. I started to wonder if it was ever going to arrive! It had been a month since we left collage and everyone was on a plane to New York or Hollywood or Russia!

When I woke up, I was blinded by the sunlight coming through the gap in my curtains. I could hear something at the door. I layed in bed for a moment, then all of a sudden I realised... THE POST!!! I threw on an oversized shirt my ex boyfriend had left and ran to the door. 3 envelopes fell to my feet. I picked them up looking through them. one was big and brown. I walked into the living room, say down on a box.

On the front of the envelope it said

Libby Hudson

47 Heston way

Buckden

Cambridgeshire

England

This is what Ive been waiting for!