Blood money✗

I was awake but I couldn't open my eyes. It felt as if they had been sewn shut, blinding me and keeping me held captive to darkness. I could hear sounds around me and I didn't dare move my body. I was terrified.

"You didn't kill her, did you?" A man's voice booms through the room, sounding slightly irritated. "No, sir. It was only chloroform." Another man says, his voice causal. Casual as if knocking someone out with chloroform was a normal thing!

"Then why the fuck isn't she waking up!" He yelled, this time his voice actually angry. "I don't know, Sir. She should have woken up by now." The same guy says, his voice slightly shaken. You could tell he was afraid of the other man.

The room falls silent, then the sound of footsteps echo through the room. "Burn the body." The words made my heart launch out of my chest, my body flinging itself up as my eyes flew open. "I'm alive, please..." I say, terrified.

Both of the men turned to me, their eyes wide. It was two of the men from the alleyway. The murders. My heart pounding against my chest, my whole body shook in fear.

"You thought you could fool us, huh?" The main man says. Before I could speak, he spoke again. "You thought you could get away after what you saw." He said, his voice low.

"You're a murderer." I mumble, my voice low and afraid. The man smirked. "I was just doing my job." He shrugs, his face falling back into a serious expression. "You killed an innocent man." I spoke, my eyes meeting his dark ones.

He scoffed. "Innocent?"
"You don't know him, how could you possibly know he was innocent?" The man asks, taking a step closer to me. Instinctively, I scooted back. "Nobody in this world is innocent, sweetheart."

"It's a cruel world we live in. It's kill or be killed." He spoke with a pensive tone, his words sending a shiver up my spine.

My voice shook as I managed to speak again. "What are you going to do to me?" I ask. The guys eyebrows flick up, an amused look making way onto his face.

"I believe you may be of great use to me." He says, his eyes looking me up and down. "What?" I ask, confused and fearful. "You have no place to go, correct?" He asks, his head tilted to the side. "Boss-" the same man interrupts.

"Leave or I'll kill you myself!" The man says, his eyes hard on the other guy. The other man says nothing as he bows and quickly hurries out of the room. Of course he was afraid of this man, who wouldn't be.

"As I was saying, I see you don't have anywhere to stay." He says, stepping closer to me. "How did you..." "I saw your suitcase so unless you were doing some traveling, you clearly weren't going anywhere in particular." He says, his voice mocking almost.

"Why would you care if I had a place to stay or not? It's really none of your business." I shoot back, sitting up straight. The man grins. "Oh but it is. You know that I killed someone. I can't just let you leave." He says, kneeling down beside me. I instantly moved back.

"So what, you're just going to hold me captive here?" I ask, my words coming out stronger then I actually felt. "No, you're going to work for me. In exchange, I will pay you and give you a place to stay." The man says, seriousness laced in his voice.

"There's no way in hell. I don't want your blood money." I spit, knowing exactly what his 'work' consisted of. "Not even if I told you I'd pay you $10,000 for every kill?"

My eyes practically popped out of my head.

"You're a psycho." I say, taking in just how crazy this guy really was. "I'd take the offer if I were you. You'll regret it if you don't." The man says as he stands up and crosses his arms over his chest. I clench my fists, feeling the pain of my nails digging into my palms.

"I won't do it. I won't become a murder." I say. The guys eyes flashed. "You're going to regret this, y/n."

As soon as my name came out of his mouth, my eyes widened. "How did you..." I start, taken back.

The guy looks down at me, his eyes meeting mine. I didn't want to believe the sick and vile words he uttered next.

"My father is the one who killed your mother."

[...]