Catching on✗

My eyes stayed wide open, unable to process what was happening.

As I snapped back to reality I pushed against Jungkook's chest, breaking our lips apart.

Jungkook's stares at me for a moment, dazed, before snapping out of whatever trance he was in.

"Shit. I'm sorry." Jungkook says, his features changing as he yanked up his jacket and quickly disappeared from the room.

I sat on the sink, my head spinning and my lips still tingling.

All I could do was sit there in shock. Jungkook had kissed me but why? I was damn near convinced the guy hated me.

Snapping out of it, I stand up and begin to clean up the mess in the bathroom.

Once I'm finished I head back towards my room. On the way there, I pass by Jungkook's office.

From under the door I can see the light on and feet pacing back and forth.

Knowing I couldn't face him after what happened, I hurried off to my bedroom.

That night, I fell asleep with the faded feeling of Jungkook's lips against my own.

...

"Y/n, Wakey wakey!" I hear the following morning as my bedroom door busts open.

I sit up, my eyes clouded with sleep as I tried to focus on the figures standing in my doorway.

"I told you not to just barge in. Come on, get out." I hear and the voice has my eyes opening, suddenly not the slightest bit tired anymore.

Sitting up, my eyes focus in on Jungkook who was standing in the doorway, watching me.

I look down, my face heating suddenly as I remembered yesterday.

"It's too late now! Y/n! Good morning!" Jimin said, smiling widely as he threw himself at me, landing right on top of me.

"Didn't I just tell you to get out?" Jungkook asks, his voice slightly raised.

Jimin pouted as he moved back, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"What time is it?" I yawn, running my fingers through my hair to straighten it out.

"Time for you to get up! We're going out." I hear and look over to see Yoongi coming up behind Jungkook.

The first thing I noticed was the cut on his cheek.

"Are you okay?" I ask, hopping out of the bed and running over to him.

My hands instantly cupped Yoongi's face.

"I'm okay. See?" Yoongi said, flashing a bright smile.

I instantly relaxed, feeling better to know that Yoongi, the person I had become closest with, was okay.

"Get ready before we leave you." Jungkook says, his voice serious and low as he left the room, bumping into Yoongi as he went.

Yoongi and I looked at each other before shrugging it off.

I was glad to see that Yoongi was okay. I just hoped the others were okay too.

...

When I finally got dressed and ready I headed downstairs where I found everyone waiting.

"You look cute!" Jimin says as he hops to my side, looping his arm with mine.

"Thank you." I smile, admiring the outfit I had put on this morning.

"Where are we going anyway?" I then ask, looking around.

"Does it really matter? You wanted to go out and we're going out." Jungkook says, his voice snippy.

I wonder who shit in his corn flakes this morning.

"I was just asking..." I say, my voice quiet as my smile fell.

Everyone was silent for a second before Yoongi spoke.

"Don't be upset, he's just messing around." Yoongi says, joining my other side and resting his hand on the top of my head.

Yoongi then looked up, slightly glaring at Jungkook for being a dick.

-3rd per pov~

As Yoongi and Jimin pulled y/n out the door y/n completely missed the small "I'm sorry" that came from a very regretful jungkook.

-Back to y/n's pov~

"The mall?" I asked, my eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Well we figured since you weren't with us when we picked out stuff you would want to choose some of your own." Hoseok says.

Wait...

"You guys are the ones who picked out...?" I trailed off, feeling my face becoming hot.

Everyone is silent for a second before; "I picked out cute pink ones! Did you not like them?!"

The look on Jin's face seemed hurt. "It's not that I don't like them It's just a bit weird that you guys did that, ya know..." I say, my face heated.

"Throw them out. Buy more by yourself." Jungkook says.

I look over at him to see that he isn't even looking my way.

"I don't have any money." I say, reminding him why I was even here to begin with.

"I'll give you the money. Now where is the store?" Jungkook asks, his head now turning to look at me.

I swallow before taking a step closer to Jungkook. All I could think about was yesterday.

The kiss, the look in Jungkook eyes, the way he spoke, how quickly his character had changed, all of it.

"Are you going to show me where the store is or not?" Jungkook asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Y-you're going too?" I ask, embarrassed at the thought alone.

"Of course not!" Jungkook shoots back, his own face now growing pink.

...

3rd per~

Yoongi observes Jungkook's actions, confusion taking over his own.

Why was Jungkook acting like this? Yoongi could only think of one thing and one thing only...and he didn't approve of it in the slightest.

[...]