Realization✗

Ok so before I update, I just wanted to say that I'm not sure if I'll be updating tomorrow. Today I'm heading out to Indiana for work and I'm staying over night and heading back after work tomorrow. It's a long drive so i'll be vvv tired and sleeping the whole time and any chance I get. 😂 I might bring my laptop though so who knows what'll happen. Besides that, I won't be able to talk to you guys till I get home. Don't miss me too much!! I love you!!!

....

After awhile I finally took a shower, cleansing myself of today's crazy events. Once I stepped out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked into the bedroom.

Walking over to the dresser, I pulled the drawer open and my face heated. Inside the dresser were pairs of bras and underwear, all different sizes from what I could see. Why the hell would he have his men go and buy these? I know they knew a girl would be staying here but still. It felt weird...

Grossed out, I walked to my suitcase and grabbed out my own undergarments and clothes. Once I got dressed I walked to the bedside and slipped on the slippers they had given me.

Now fully ready, I left the safety of the bedroom and made my way downstairs. I still didn't have the slightest idea of how to get around this place but I just did the best I could.

I could hear the sound of silverware being moved around so I guessed I was getting close. While I walked I looked around in amazement. I just couldn't believe how huge this place was.

Finally, I stumbled into the dining room where I found Jungkook getting things ready. When he spotted me, he spoke. "Sit." He says, motioning to the chair beside him. I didn't say anything as I made my way over.

As I sat down I looked around, taking in the room. The dining room was huge. It was dimly lit by lights, most of the room around us dark. The ceiling was high, making the room huge and this table was unnecessarily big for just one person to have been eating at it. Everything in this place was so...extra.

"Eat whatever you want." Jungkook says as he sits down in the chair at the head of the table. I bow my head as I pick up the chopsticks, waiting for him to serve himself first. I still didn't know how I was supposed to act around him.

He may be letting me stay here but he's also my boss, not to mention a mafia leader. He's not a force to be reckoned with. I didn't want to get on his bad side.

We ate in silence, neither of us saying a single thing. Jungkook didn't speak and neither did I, knowing I probably shouldn't. The atmosphere around us felt tense and uncomfortable. I just found it a bit hard to eat comfortably know who this guy really was.

After we finished I grabbed my plate and chopsticks and stood. "Where is the kitchen?" I asked, my voice quiet. Jungkook looked up at me, his eyes dull. He lifted a finger and pointed.

Without saying a word, I left the room. Once I made it into the kitchen I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding in. Around Jungkook, the air felt limited. It felt thick and almost impossible to breathe.

I quickly washed my dishes before sprinting towards the stairs. I just wanted to be back in the safety of my bedroom. I didn't want to see Jungkook again for the rest of the night. I just wanted to feel like I didn't have to tip toe around him. 

Just as I was about to step foot onto the stairs, a voice behind me startles me. "Training starts tomorrow. 8am sharp." Jungkook's voice pierces my ears, sending a wave of anxiety through my body.

"O-okay." I stamper before bolting up the steps. When I finally got into my room I shut the door and slid down it, trying to catch my breath. Jungkook's words continued to play over and over in my head.

Tomorrow I'd have to start training. By that I assumed he meant training on how to kill people. Ya know, the basics. Take notes from the psychopathic hand book. I bet he had a lot of those lying around.

Once I finally caught my breath, I stood up and walked over to the bed, slipping off my slippers. I crawled into the bed, the silk giving off a feeling of comfort. I reached for my phone, clicking the screen on.

My lock screen was a picture of my mother and I. The picture was old but it still meant so much to me. It was one of the only pictures I had left of my mother and I. Suddenly, I felt a sadness washing over me, eating away at me.

I missed my mother more and more with every passing day. I was disgusted that someone could just take someone's life, simply because she didn't love him back.

Knowing I would only end up getting more upset if I thought about it, I quickly set an alarm for 7:30am then clicked my screen off. I set my phone back on the bedside table and turned over, my face hitting the cold pillow.

Tomorrow I'd start training. No matter how badly I didn't want to do this, I had no choice. I was the one who decided to do it but at the time, it sounded better than death by his hands. I always thought I wanted to die but when the time actually came, I really didn't want it at all.

I had so much of my life left to live. By doing this, I can make more money than I ever would have made normally. Even if the way of getting the money is horrible, at least I won't die. By doing this I get a place to stay and I get money.

To me, that didn't sound half bad.

[...]