Passed the test✗

My eyes widened as I pushed Namjoon back roughly, rubbing my lips harshly.

"Why would you do that? What is wrong with you?!" I ask, nearly yelling. Instead of saying anything, Namjoon takes a step back as a smile curves the sides of his lips upwards.

"Did you hear that, Boss?" Namjoon says and my eyes widen as I look behind Namjoon to see Jungkook standing in the doorway.

My jaw fell as I assumed Jungkook thought the worst. "I didn't-" But before I could finish, Jungkook walked over and pulled me into a tight hug.

"What is going on?" I say, my mind unable to comprehend what the hell had just happened.

"I was testing you, making sure what you felt for Jungkook was genuine." Namjoon says.

"I told you it was." I say in annoyance. "Thank you, Namjoon. You may go." Jungkook says as he pulls away.

So Namjoon had been in on this the whole time. He knew Jungkook was coming, they planned this.

Namjoon nodded and bowed before disappearing into his room. After a while he came out with his things and said his goodbyes.

As soon as the door shut, Jungkook and I were completely alone.

"So you really do like me, huh?" Jungkook asks, grinning down at me. I blushed, embarrassed that I had basically proven his words to be true.

"I'm glad because I really like you too." Jungkook smiles before he rests his hand on my jaw, tilting my head up. 

He leans down, pressing his lips to mine gently. My lips tingled as he kissed me, the familiar feeling warming my chest.

As Jungkook pulled away he smiled, his eyes soft. "It was only a day without you and it felt like forever." Jungkook says, resting his forehead on mine.

"Did it feel like that to you? You did miss me, right?" Jungkook asked, his lips curving into a grin as he looked into my eyes.

"I did." I say, not being able to hold back anymore. Jungkook knew how I felt and I knew how he felt. There was no reason to hold back anymore.

"Tell me." Jungkook says, leaning his head down and resting it in the crook of my neck.

I could feel Jungkook's hot breath on my neck, making me shiver.

"I missed you." I say. I can hear Jungkook hum in approval as he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling my body into his.

"Are you hungry? I can go pick something up." Jungkook says as he pulls back, his eyes meeting mine.

"I wanted to make dinner tonight actually. We can stop by a store and pick up some things, right?" I ask and instantly, Jungkook's expression changes.

"Actually, no, you can't leave." Jungkook says, his expression showing that he knew something he wasn't saying.

"Why not? What's going on?" I ask, looking at Jungkook with furrowed eyebrows.

Jungkook looks at me before he lets out a small breath. "Here, let's sit." He says as he starts to pull me towards the white fluffy living room couch.

"What is this about?" I ask, feeling nervous. Jungkook looks stressed as I ask.

"Things are getting bad, y/n." Jungkook says, his voice low. "Yesterday we received another note. The neighboring mafia has joined in. They're all searching for you."

Jungkook's words hit me like a ton of bricks. It was only getting worse...People were trying to kill me and not just a few guys now but a whole other mafia.

"Why won't they give up? I haven't done anything worthy of being killed." I say, an uneasy feeling resting in the pit of my stomach at the thought of these people actually finding me.

"I know you haven't but they're doing this because of my father and what happened with Ji-eun. It goes so much deeper than just you. They know that you're my weak spot. They want to hit me where it will hurt the most. They want to take away the only thing keeping me sane." Jungkook said, staring off into space.

"Do you really think they'll be able to find me? I'm scared, Jungkook." I say, terrified to even imagine that actually happening.

"They won't. I told you, y/n. I won't let a single thing happen to you. I swear that to you. No one is going to touch you, not without getting through me first."

Jungkook's words made me feel at ease although at the same time, they worried me.

I didn't want Jungkook to risk his life for me. I didn't want to lose him either.

"I will protect you, y/n. I swear."

...

Later that day Jungkook had went out to the store, making sure that I stayed back at the place with all the doors locked.

As he was gone I sat in my room trying to think of when the hell my life even got this complicated.

I started out having no purpose and getting kicked out of my house only to end up in a fucking mafia where I'm now the target of other mafias with a warrant out for my head on a platter.

How the fuck does that even happen?

Groaning, I lean back on the bed, my hands thrown up above my head.

I felt exhausted and I hadn't even done anything. It was all mentally.

The only thing I was looking forward to was having Jungkook here. At least now I wasn't at risk of getting killed in my sleep.

Well unless those guys find me...

The thought scared me all over again. "I'm back!" I hear from the living room as I hear the front door shut.

I stand up and make my way out to the living room where I see Jungkook setting down the bags he had.

"What did you get?" I ask as I make my way over to Jungkook and peer into the bags.

"Your favorite." Jungkook says into my ear as he wraps his arms around me from behind, resting his head on my shoulder.

"How did you know what my favorite food was?" I ask, turning my head to look at Jungkook.

"I've paid attention. Why do you think we constantly eat the things that you like?" Jungkook smiled.

I mentally awed. Jungkook really was just a big softy, whether he showed it to everyone or not.

"I think that deserves a kiss." Jungkook says, his eyes trailing down to my lips.

"Then kiss me." I say, my eyes now looking at his soft pink ones.

Jungkook smiled as he pressed his lips to mine, resting his hand on the back of my neck.

I kissed back, loving the feeling of his lips on mine. Jungkook was a great kisser, not that I would be able to tell him that without feeling embarrassed.

When I pull back, Jungkook smiles and kisses my cheek. "Alright, now let's make dinner. I'm starving!"

...

3rd per pov~

The rest of the night was spent talking and getting to know more about each other.

Growing their feelings for one another.

Falling in love without even realizing it.

[...]