Feisty✗

My breathing was rigid as I panted. My mind was swarming, my mouth hung open. The world around me was spinning, my veins pumping with adrenaline. I needed more.

"Snap out of it, y/n! Get your shit together." Jungkook yelled, knocking me out of my trance. I stopped, coming back to reality. Looking down, I could see the blade in my hands. "Come on y/n, you were doing so well!" Jungkook called out, his voice slightly irritated.

Oh right, practice. I had gotten too carried away...I was beginning to get in too deep. I was terrified of the power I felt while holding the blade. My head was still pounding from last night, having drank too much alcohol. Training with a hangover wasn't going well, as expected.

All I remembered from yesterday was drinking then waking up in my bedroom with a pounding headache. "I don't have all day, keep practicing." Jungkook grumbled, his voice impatient and frustrated. Shaking the thought, I went back to knife training.

...

After training, Jungkook and I exited the room, standing around in the center of the living room. "You shouldn't have drank so much yesterday, you made it harder on yourself during practice." Jungkook said, shaking his head.

"What even happened yesterday? I don't remember anything." I say, rubbing my temples. Jungkook scoffed, turning his head in my direction. "You drank way too much then you fell in my lap so I knew you were getting too out of hand. I had to take you to your room."

My mouth made an O shape. "Sorry about that." I say, pressing my lips together. Jungkook doesn't say anything, instead he turns on his heals and makes his way towards the stairs. "Don't get distracted anymore. There's not much more training left. You'll have your first mission soon."

Jungkook's words made my mouth go dry. I watched as he walked up the stairs, disappearing down the hall. When I heard a door shut I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding in. The thought of actually starting work scared the hell out of me.

Shaking the thought, I made my way upstairs and went to my room. It seemed as if this is definitely where I'd be spending most if not all of my time. It's not like I had friends or anyone else to hang out with. I was basically alone in life.

My days would consist of doing whatever evil thing Jungkook had in mind then coming right back to this room. Pretty sad, I know. I guess it wasn't all that bad though. At least I was safe in the comfort of my bedroom.

A knock on my door pulls me from my thoughts. I stood up and walked over it to it. When I opened the door I was surprised to see Yoongi standing on the other side. He was dressed from head to toe in black, his usual attire I saw him in.

My brows furrowed in confusion. "Come with me." Yoongi said, reaching out for my arm. "What? Why?" I ask, looking at him like he was crazy. "I have someone I want you to meet." Yoongi said before pulling me along after him.

I tried to slip out of Yoongi's grasp as he dragged me along but he was stronger than I was. It was no use. Giving in, I let him pull me down the hallway, stopping outside of Jungkook's office. Once again, my brows furrowed.

Yoongi wasted no time in pushing open Jungkook's office door, revealing Jungkook and a guy I didn't know. "What are you doing?" I whisper yell, trying to take my hand back. Both of the guys inside looked our way.

"Why are you bringing her in here?" Jungkook asked, his eyes grazing over me. "I wanted her to meet-" but Jungkook stood up, stopping Yoongi's words. "Gather everyone else then, it's probably best that she meets everyone in the mafia while they're here."

I swallowed, not being mentally prepared for this. Yoongi nodded, slowly letting go of my arm. I watched as Yoongi disappeared from the room, leaving me with Jungkook and the other man who was slightly taller and definitely older looking.

"While we wait I might as well introduce you two. Y/n, this is Seokjin." Jungkook says. The guy smiled widely, extending his hand to me. I reach out to shake it only to be pulled into a hug. "Call me Jin!"

I found it hard to breathe as he crushed me in a hug. He was definitely too strong and didn't know his own strength. Luckily, Yoongi entered the room and Jin pulled back, letting me breathe once more.

When I turned, all eyes were on me. The mafia was all men. I was legit the only woman. "Everyone, this is y/n. She is new to the mafia and will be staying with me for a little while." Jungkook says, leaning against his desk.

"She's cute." One of the guys say bluntly then blushes right after. My eyebrows raised at how soft this guy actually seemed. "She's family." Jungkook said as if reminding him of something he seemed to not get.

Everyone fell silent. As I looked at all of them, studying their features, my eyes fell on a man who I remembered very clearly. It was the man who tried to shoot me when he caught me outside of Jungkook's office. I shivered as I remembered.

"Introduce yourselves." Jungkook said, his tone demanding. One by one, they gave me their names. "I'm Namjoon." The man from that day says, his features remaining the same. The guy next to him was shorter and had more of a baby face. "I'm Jimin." The guy smiles.

"I'm Hoseok." Another guy says. The guy beside him smiled, his smile somewhat rectangular. "I'm Tae!" I blinked, taking everything in. I was surprised at how normal these guys seemed for having part in a mafia.

"We're all family here. We take care of each other." Jin says, joining the other's sides. "We never imagined a girl would become part of the mafia, again. I'm a bit shocked." Hoseok says.

I felt confused as the word "again" swarmed in my head and even more confused when Jungkook and Yoongi snapped their head in his direction. Not thinking much of it, I shook the thought away.

"It's not like I wanted to." I mumbled and I saw Jungkook glare my way from my peripheral vision. No one said anything. "Anyway, now that you know everyone, you can go." Jungkook spoke, not caring to have me around anymore.

"Why? We should get to know her more." Jimin said, a small pout on his lips. "I said go, y/n." Jungkook said, his voice slightly raised. Jimin fell silent, almost as if he were afraid.

His words angered me. Why the hell was I here if he was going to hide the work from me? What was the point then? Why was I even training? Before I knew it, I started speaking, defending myself.

"I'm not leaving. I'm just as much a part of this as everyone else." I snap. The guys look at me, slightly wide eyed and like I was crazy. "You'd better watch who you're talking to like that." Jungkook said, his voice low.

Jungkook looked at me, his jaw clenching then unclenching. Instead of saying anything else, he stood up. I watched as he walked over to his door and opened it. "All of you, out." Nobody even thought twice about talking back.

I watched as everyone scattered out and I scoffed, making my way towards the door too. Just as I went to walk out, Jungkook slammed the door shut. I stopped and turned to him with wide eyes.

"If you continue to talk back to me you'll end up regretting it, y/n." Jungkook said, his lips set in a straight line. "You won't kill me, not yet." I say, my eyes locked with his. I gulped as Jungkook leaned his face down, coming too close to me. "And what makes you so sure about that?"

My eyes searched his but it was as he had a wall up. It was hard to tell what he was thinking. "You need me right? You said so yourself." I say. Jungkook stares at me for a moment before he laughs.

"You're quite feisty, I like that." Jungkook says, his mouth parted slightly. My eyes traveled down to his lips. He was grinning, it was irritating but dare I say it was also very fucking attractive.

"I don't need you, Sweetheart. I was doing just fine before you came along." Jungkook says, his eyes dark. "Then why am I here?" I ask, trying not to get distracted by how close his face was to mine.

Jungkook leaned forward, his lips hovering near my ear. What he said next sent a shiver down my spine. "You're important to the mafia. Dare I say if you were to go, I might just end up going crazy."

[...]