Promises✗

jk's pov~

"What do you mean I can't kiss you?!" I ask, my eyes wide as the words came from y/n's mouth.

"I'm sick, meaning you can't kiss me. Not until the sickness is gone which might be weeks." Y/n says, the tip of her nose red and her eyes sleepy.

"Weeks? Fuck that. I can't go that long without kissing you. I guess I'll just have to get sick too." I say, unable to accept y/n's words.

"Sorry but I'm not kissing you like this. I don't even want to be around you right now. I look disgusting." Y/n pouted.

I scoffed, her words impossible. "You looking disgusting? That's not even possible." I say as I take a step closer to y/n.

"I mean what I said. You can't kiss me." Y/n says and I stand there, making a face.

"You're really going to deprive me of you?" I ask, my lips pouting. Y/n giggles, her face lighting up.

My chest warmed instantly, my heart beating quickly just from seeing her smile.

I really liked this girl and that scared me. After Ji-eun I told myself I would never love again yet here I was, falling more and more for y/n with every passing day.

"At least you won't get sick this way. You need to stay healthy if you plan to carry out your promise to protect me no matter what." Y/n says, followed by a cough.

I scoff, watching as she looks up at me and bats her eyelashes. She really was adorable.

"I can promise I'll protect you but can't promise I won't kiss you." I say and y/n makes a face.

Her and I both knew I would do it. I wasn't capable of holding back that long.

How the hell had y/n gotten sick on my second day of being here anyway? Why now?! It wasn't fair.

...

Y/n's~

If I was being honest, Jungkook was extremely cute when he pouted and acted like a little baby.

Right now he was whining, talking about how he couldn't believe I got sick when he had only just gotten here.

Now he was laying his head against the couch, staring at me as if I would magically get better.

"I can't take this. It feels like it's been years!" Jungkook says over dramatically.

"It's been five minutes." I point out and he groans and throws his hands up into the air.

"This is painful. I'd rather be sick." Jungkook says, a frown on his face now as he spoke.

"You're so overdramatic." I laugh, leaning forward to push a strand of hair out of his face.

He leaned into my hand like a cat wanting to be pet. I laughed as he pushed his way into my bubble, laying his head on my chest.

"Uh Jungkook, You do realize you can catch my sickness this way too, right?" I ask.

"Then I might as well kiss you because I'm not not touching you, y/n." Jungkook says, his voice unamused.

I blinked down at him, unable to believe how immature he could be.

"You're so cute." I say in a soft voice but he catches it. "You think I'm cute?" He asks, his eyes sparkling as he looked up at me.

"Wasn't it already obvious?" I say. "Yeah but I like to hear you say it." Jungkook grins from ear to ear.

"Now I'm embarrassed." I say, hiding my face from Jungkook.

"Why? We've kissed multiple times and slept in the same bed before. You have no reason to be embarrassed." Jungkook says as he looks over at me.

"Still. It's all still new to me. I haven't been in many relationships." I admit and Jungkook shrugs.

"So? I've only been in one real relationship." Jungkook says. "I've hooked up with people though..." Jungkook says, his eyes holding shame.

"How many people?" I ask, curious to know. Jungkook shook his head before speaking.

"After what happened with Ji-eun I got really depressed. My way of coping was to sleep around." Jungkook says, clearly showing that he regretted it.

"Then a lot of people..." I say, feeling a bit weirded out by the thought. "I know it sounds bad but I promise I'm over that. It was just really bad back then."

Watching Jungkook's expression change, I felt bad. Of course times were hard after what he had to do but to sleep around...

"Just so you know, I've been checked and I'm clean." Jungkook says and my cheeks began to burn.

"I wasn't even thinking about that!" I defend, not wanting to get on this topic or even think about having sex with Jungkook.

"I know, I'm just saying." Jungkook says and the room goes silent. It was clearly very awkward now.

"Anyway, I think I'm gonna go lay down so I can recover faster." I say as I try to make my escape from the tension.

As I'm getting ready to leave the room, I hear Jungkook speak from behind.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." He says, his voice soft but still clear enough for me to hear.

I turn to look at him to see him already looking at me. He looked almost sad in a way.

"It's okay. I know you're probably use to people who are comfortable talking about these kinds of things but right now I just can't. Not without feeling weird." I say then continue with:

"I know you're experienced and all but I'm not. I haven't done the things you have and if that makes me sound like a loser, so be it. I've accepted that no one wants me in that type of way and-"

Before I can finish, Jungkook comes to me and kisses me.

At first I tried to push him back, knowing I was sick and he would end up getting sick too. When he didn't budge, I gave up, melting into the kiss.

When Jungkook pulled back I tried to catch my breath. "Don't speak about yourself like you're anything less than perfect. So what if you're a virgin, it doesn't mean no one wants you, it just means the right person hasn't gotten the chance to show you how perfect you are yet." Jungkook says, his eyes hard on mine.

I felt my body jerk, his words getting to me. "One day, I'll show you what you've been missing out on. That I promise you." Jungkook says, his expression serious.

I blushed at his words, knowing he was talking about sex. Then I remembered the kiss.

"I told you not to kiss me. Now you're going to get sick." I say but Jungkook doesn't seem fazed.

"Oh well, I didn't want to wait. I needed it." Jungkook says and I shake my head at him.

"I'll laugh when you get sick." I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

Jungkook reached out and pulled me into him. "Then since I'm gonna sick anyway, it doesn't matter anymore." Jungkook says and he leans in and kisses me again.

I don't fight against him. I simply kiss back, my lips melting into his. I couldn't fight it. I like kissing Jungkook, hell, I love it.

When Jungkook pulled away he leaned his head back and simply looked at me.

His gaze was soft, almost as if he was looking at the thing that meant the most to him in the world.

I just wondered if I could really be that person for Jungkook. Could I really be the person who can make Jungkook live again, or would I only cause him more pain in the end...

The thought would haunt me, now and forever.

[...]