Just him & I✗

I hurried out of his office, not needing to be told more than once. Anxiety was still coursing through my veins as I somehow managed to find my way back to the room I was in before.

Once I was safely back in the room, I sat down on the chair with a sigh. How had things come to this? How the hell did I go from getting kicked out of my house to joining a fucking mafia?!

This was insane. I was living in a movie. This crazy plot line, this gigantic mansion owned by an extremely hot guy who just so happens to be the leader of a fucking mafia. This was next level crazy. It was psychotic.

Shaking the thought, I walked over to my luggage and opened it. It was a very limited supply of my clothes and belongings. It wasn't even half of my things. I didn't even have my toothbrush for crying out loud.

All I had with me was enough clothes to last me a week tops and one pair of shoes aka the ones I was wearing right now. How the fuck was I supposed to live like this? I didn't have any money, not yet anyway.

The uneasy feeling I felt in my stomach made me shake the thought away. I didn't want to think about killing someone. The only reason I was doing this was for the money. Even if it was blood money, it was still money, Which I needed desperately.

Sighing, I shut my suitcase and lean against it. As of today I'd be stuck here, dreading and fearing the moment I would have to follow an order to kill someone. I'd turn into a monster, just like them. Just like the man who killed my mother.

...

Hours had passed and a knock on my door jolted me up, now fully alert. The door opened, revealing the man now known to me as Jungkook.

"Don't sound so panicked, it's only the two of us here." He says, his voice somewhat monotone. "What about the men from earlier?" I ask, thinking back to the men from the alleyway. "They don't live here. It's only me."

Something about that made me feel anxious. It was only the two of us in this giant house. I was all alone with a murderer.

"Anyway, grab your things and follow me." Jungkook speaks, turning on his heels. "Why?" I ask but the look he gives me was enough to make me stop talking instantly.

I grabbed my bag and followed behind him, making sure to keep a safe distance. This guy freaked me out and obviously I couldn't trust him. Hell, I didn't trust him, not in the slightest.

When we stopped walking I see that we had reached another room. Jungkook pushed the door open, reveling a white room with ever so slight light pink accents. It looked like a room designed for a girl specially judging by the flower pictures on the walls.

"This is your room for the time being. There's clothes in the closet already so feel free to use them. If they don't fit we can just buy you new ones." Jungkook says, leaning his body against the doorframe.

"Was there a girl in here before?" I asked, looking around the room. "It was like this when I moved in." He says but something sounded off in his voice. He was lying. Still, I didn't question it.

"I'm calling in dinner. Wash up and come downstairs in an hour." Jungkook says before disappearing from the doorway, leaving me alone in the new room. I looked around, amazed at how beautiful the room really was.

It was nicer than my actual house and the biggest bedroom I had ever seen. Inside of the bedroom was a huge bed covered by silk sheets and a ton of pillows. Beside the bed, on each side, where two nightstands, both a cream color.

On the floor there was a giant fluffy white rug and a pair of house slippers. Across from the bed was a dresser with a tv on top of it. Beside that dresser was a long, full body mirror.

It was like I had just walked into heaven. It was like a dream. I had never owned this many expensive things. As I turned my head I spotted another door. I walked over to it and opened the door, my jaw falling to the ground once I did.

Inside was a bathroom. The bathtub was huge, just a bit smaller than an average sized circle swimming pool. There was also a stand up shower. The counter tops of the sink were covered in white marble. It was expensive, too expensive.

Exiting the bathroom, I made my way over to the closet. Pulling the doors open I felt broke as fuck all over again. It was a walk-in closet full, head to toe of what looked to be used clothes.

The one thing I couldn't seem to understand was why this room felt so...taken. Not by me but as if this was someone else's bedroom. All of the girls clothes and the pictures hanging up...I couldn't shake this weird feeling I had.

Looking around, I let out a breath. The room felt cozy and even pretty homey at least. Maybe staying here wouldn't be so bad after all. Well, until I started work. Then it would be a living hell.

[...]