Hiding✗

"Y/n..." I say, my chest feeling tight as I took a step towards her and she took a step back.

"What's going on? I don't understand..." Y/n says, her voice shaking as she spoke.

"Listen to me, y/n. We have to get you out of here. It isn't safe for you here." I say.

"Why? You're scaring me, Jungkook. What's going on?" Y/n asked, fear in her eyes as she looked at me.

"The men from yesterday, they're not dead. They're targeting you." I say and y/n's eyes widened.

"How do they even know I'm here? Why me?" Y/n asked, her voice choked.

"They know what my father wanted. They want you dead." I say and y/n shakes her head, not wanting to believe it.

"That's why I have to get you out of here. I'm going to send you to one of my houses out in Busan. I need you to stay there with one of the guys and I'll send someone to get you when it's safe." I say but y/n is quick to speak.

"I'm not going without you. Please, Jungkook. I'm scared." Y/n says, her eyes glistening with tears that had yet to fall.

"I know you're afraid but I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you. I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe." I say.

"I'm not leaving without you. I won't go." Y/n says, her voice panicked.

My heart sinks as I motion my finger, signaling the guys. The guys stand, walking over to y/n. Namjoon reaches for her arm and she tries to jerk away but is weak against him.

"Jungkook please. Don't do this." Y/n says, tears beginning to fall onto her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, y/n." I say as I nod towards the guys. They pick her up effortlessly and start to carry her towards the door.

I watch, my heart breaking as y/n screamed, begging me not to leave her alone.

I could see the fear in her eyes as they took her away from me. Although it hurt me to see her this way I knew it was the only way I could keep her safe.

I promised to protect her and I would do whatever it took, even if it meant giving up my own life.

I wouldn't let another person I care about get taken from me. I'm going to protect y/n, no matter what.
...

Y/n's pov~

"Let go of me." I spit, trying to yank my arm out of the strong grasps that engulfed me.

When they finally let me go, we were in a car.

The rest of the guys had left, leaving me with only one of them, Namjoon.

"I hate you." I spit, not looking over at him. "Hate me all you want but I'm just following orders." Namjoon says, his voice monotone.

I didn't respond. I felt hurt. I knew Jungkook was just trying to keep me safe but he was going to get hurt in the process. I didn't want that.

I was falling too fast now. It was like something had snapped in me overnight and now I couldn't stop.

The only thing I could think about was Jungkook. Why was this the life he had to live? Why couldn't he just live like a normal guy?

"Everything he does is to keep you safe, y/n." Namjoon says after a moment, as if reading my mind.

I glance over at him to see him looking out the window.

"I understand you are starting to care for Jungkook but caring in this buisness only leaves people hurt or dead." Namjoon says, a look on his face I didn't understand.