Accepting it✗

y/n's pov~

The next day I woke up feeling drained. My eyes felt heavy and looked puffy.

After yesterday I felt as if someone had ripped my heart out and ran it over then gave it back to me.

Knowing what I did now, I hated Jungkook's father even more than I already had.

Standing up, I walked to the bathroom and stripped from my clothes, needing a warm shower to make me feel less tense.

As I turned the water on, I let the warmth surround me. I had desperately needed this.

I felt so stressed and nothing seemed to be taking that stress away. There was no other way to get rid of the weight on shoulders.

As I let the warm water caress me, I let out a soft moan of relief. Then my calm time was cut short as I heard a knock on the bathroom door, scaring me.

"Yeah?" I ask, covering my body even though the person behind the door couldn't see me.

"The guys made breakfast. Are you going to eat?" It was Jungkook.

"Yeah, I'll come down when I'm done." I say as I slowly begin to rinse the soap from my hair.

It was silent for a moment before he said; "Don't be too long or your food will get cold." Then I heard his footsteps and the door of my room shut as he left.

I hurried up and finished then got ready before I made my way downstairs.

Walking into the kitchen, I saw everyone gathered at the table. "Y/n, you're awake!" Jimin said, smiling brightly as he motioned me over to them.

"Sit here." Jungkook says, pulling out the seat beside him. Jimin frowned but fell silent, knowing he wouldn't dare try to compete against Jungkook's words.

I made my way over to the spot beside Jungkook and sat down. "How are you feeling?" he asked, his voice somewhat hushed.

"I'm okay." I say even though I wasn't too convinced with myself. Before Jungkook could question it, Yoongi spoke.

"How was it yesterday? Are you two done bickering?" Yoongi asked, looking between the two of us.

"Yeah, we're fine." I say as I pour myself a glass of water and take a sip.

"It will be nice not to hear you two arguing. So what happened then?" Yoongi asked, his eyebrows raised.

"We just talked." I shrug, not glancing over at anyone in particular.

"That was it? No rules were broken?" Yoongi asked as if he were expecting me to say we did more than I was leading on.

"No." I say, leaving out the hug part since it wasn't important anyway.

"So now what, what's the plan? You stay here and have Jungkook fawn over you while you continue to reject him?" Yoongi asked, the other guys staying out of it.

"Stop." Jungkook says, his voice catching everyones attention. Yoongi fell silent as he took a bite of his food. I glanced over at Jungkook who seemed irritated now.

"I think I'll take my food to my room, if you don't mind." I mumble, wanting to leave so I didn't have to feel the tension.

"Let's go to the back patio. I want to talk to you about something." Jungkook says but by then he was already standing.

I grab my plate and follow behind him, ignoring everyones eyes on us.

Once the two of us get outside I set the plate down and wait for Jungkook to speak.

"The guys and I have another mission to tend to today." Jungkook starts and I suddenly lose any type of appetite I once had.

"It's supposed to be really bad, y/n..." He says and I sit up in my seat, feeling an unusual heaviness on my chest.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask, my voice shaking slightly. Why did I feel like this? Why towards Jungkook...Why now?

"I don't know how this will turn out. I will put my life before everything to protect my family." Jungkook says.

"Don't say that like you're not going to come back." I say, suddenly feeling angry? Upset? I didn't know.

"No matter what happens, I'll fight to protect you. I won't let anything happen to you." Jungkook says, not caring about what happened to him.

"Don't be an idiot. I'll be safe here, you need to worry about yourself. You better come back Jungkook I swear. If I can't leave you then you can't leave me either." I say without thinking first.

Both Jungkook and I go silent, taking in what I had just said. I don't know why I had said it but I had and now I couldn't take it back.

"Y/n..." Jungkook started. I stood up, grabbing my plate and heading for the door. "If you don't come back tonight I swear I won't forgive you." I mumble before walking inside, my heart racing in my chest.

The only reason I would be feeling like this was if I had feelings for Jungkook and that just isn't possible.

There's no way it's possible. When could that even have happened? Just yesterday I practically hated the guy.

Now things were changing.

...

After an hour or so, there was a knock on my bedroom door and I felt my heart sink as the door opened, revealing Jungkook.

"We're leaving." Jungkook says. Before I could say anything, Jungkook leaned against the doorframe and spoke again.

"I'll come home for you, I promise." Jungkook says, his eyes on me. My mouth went dry as I looked at him, our eyes meeting.

"Jungkook, we have to go!" I hear Namjoon yell from downstairs. Jungkook presses his lips together and glances at me once more before leaving.

As soon as the front door shuts I feel my heart sink. This couldn't be happening...I can't like Jungkook.

...

Hours had passed and I was still awake waiting for something, anything.

It was going on 2am and I was beginning to think the worst. Had something bad really happened? Were the guys not going to come back...

The pain in my chest was what stressed me out the most. It had been like this ever since this morning.

I was having a hard time accepting that I could possibly like Jungkook.

After trying to deny it for so long I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep it up.

Suddenly, the sound of the front door pulled me from my thoughts.

I jolted up and ran to the bedroom door, yanking it open. From the top of the stairs I could just barely make out a figure in the dark.

I hurried down the stairs, careful not to fall as the darkness took away most of my eyesight.

Then the light flicked on, making the person in front of me visible.

Standing in the middle of the living room was Jungkook, hunched over, covered in blood from nearly head to toe.

He lifted his head, smiling weakly. "I told you I would come home to you." Jungkook says, blood dripping down his face.

I felt an overwhelming feeling of relief washing over me as I let go of every doubt I had.

I ran to Jungkook, throwing myself at him. I then do the one thing I never thought I would do willingly.

I crash my lips into his.

[...]