I trust you✗

THREE CHAPTERS LEFT...PREPARE TO BE SNATCHED-----

*Whispers* wiNk WoNk*

Jungkook's pov~

Weeks, nearly months had passed and things had been quiet, too quiet.

There wasn't any word from the mafia who was out for y/n. Not a single thing has happened and that bothered me.

It just means they're doing as they said, coming when we least expect them.

I would never let my guard down. I would be ready at any and all moments. I promised to keep y/n safe and that's exactly what I'll do, no matter the cost.

"Jungkook?" I hear, a soft voice pulling me from my thoughts. Coming back to reality, I look up to see Y/n standing before me, a worried expression on her face.

"Hm?" I ask, a smile making way to my lips as I take in how adorable y/n looked.

"I called you and you didn't come. What's wrong?" Y/n asks as she sat down across from me.

"Nothing is wrong. What's up?" I ask, giving her my full attention.

Y/n only frowns, her puppy dog face tugging at my heart. "Tell me. I want to know what's making you all zoned out and upset." Y/n says.

I knew if I didn't tell her she would be stubborn and keep asking so it was useless to try to hide it.

"I'm just worried." I sigh, looking over at her. "About?" Y/n asked, eyebrows raised.

"It's been too quiet, y/n. The mafia is waiting till we think they've given up and then they're going to attack." I say, angry at the thought.

Y/n swallowed, clearly having not thought of the mafia and their plans. She was blinded here, her mind shut off to the bad things I wanted her to forget.

"What do we do then? We can't live everyday in fear, we have to be fearless, remember? You said it yourself."  Y/n says even though I could tell she was indeed full of fear.

She was trying to ease my mind. She was showing me she cared without saying it directly.

"I'm going to protect you y/n, no matter what. So don't be afraid, okay?" I say as I lean forward and pull y/n into my chest.

Y/n relaxes in my arms, resting her head in the crook of my neck. "Thank you, Jungkook."

I smile as I tighten my arms around y/n, pulling her as close to me as I could possibly have her.

Being with y/n made me feel safe. She made me feel as if this right here was all I would ever need.

With every passing second, I could feel myself falling in love with this woman and it terrified me.

Everyone I have ever loved has been ripped away from me like it was nothing.

I can't let that happen to y/n, I won't. I need her, more than I've ever needed someone before.

Although I was in love with Ji-eun, this somehow felt different. It was different because this wasn't Ji-eun anymore, but instead someone I had grown up wanting to protect even though I knew nothing about her.