The ending of new beginnings✗ | Final

Jungkook  -

It had been exactly 2 years since y/n had died.

Back then I really believed that she would live, that everything would be okay.

I truly believed that y/n would be alright and that I could protect her.

I was wrong.

She was dead because of me.

In the time since y/n's death I had given up a lot.

As hard as it was to let go of family, I had left the mafia.

I had given my place to Yoongi who, to this day, still continues to run the Min mafia.

After y/n's death I couldn't cope with it at all. I had fallen into a depressive state, unable to do even so much as eat without someone forcing me to do it.

Now I was slowly leaning to cope with it. Everyone dies at some point in life, right?

One day I would be dead. Everyone would be. Some just get taken from us sooner than others.

It was the cold hard truth in this messed up and cruel world.

Now I was alone, left to fend and build a new life for myself.

One that didn't involve violence, one that wouldn't be so cruel to me.

This new life was safe. It was how it was supposed to be.

I was no longer living in my father's shadow, I was living for myself.

As hard as it was to do this without y/n by my side, I knew life would go on.

No matter how hard it was to get over the love of my life no longer being with me.

Everyday it kills me that she died instead of me.

It should have been me...

...

As I walked towards my new home, I spotted a figure standing there, leaning against my front porch.

As I got closer I could see a person, their face covered by a scarf.

"Can I help you?" I ask, my brows furrowed in confusion at the unknown person standing before me.

The person slowly began to move the cloth from in front of their face.

That's when I noticed the look in this strangers eyes, it was the same sparkle. She wasn't in fact a stranger, she was the woman I had fallen in love with all those years ago.

"Nice to meet you, I'm y/n. Y/n L/n."

—-

[...]

NOV18.