I won't let you go, ever✗

y/n~

"Come on, y/n! We start training soon!" I hear Yoongi yell from the foot of the stairs. I jumped out of my bed, completely forgetting what time it was.

I ran down the stairs, nearly tripping in the process. When I got downstairs I saw both Yoongi and Jungkook waiting for me.

"Good morning." I say, flashing a smile over at Yoongi. Jungkook didn't even so much as glance my way and yet I couldn't be bothered to care.

"What do we have to do today?" I asked, feeling nervous. Yoongi looked over at Jungkook, waiting for him to announce it.

Jungkook looked up and our eyes met. I was taken back as he quickly averted his gaze from mine.

Usually he stared me down as if he were trying to make me feel small and powerless and now he was acting as if the roles were switched.

"Just some more basic stuff." Is all Jungkook says. I expected way worse.

I would have thought he would make me go out with them by now. Not that I was complaining that I hadn't. Still, I needed the money.

"Basic stuff? Didn't I learn it all?" I ask, thinking back to our previous days of training. Jungkook and Yoongi shared a glance.

"Did we?" Yoongi asks. Jungkook seemed stumped. He also looked as if he wanted to say something but he didn't.

"Of course I'm totally okay with not having to kill people but shouldn't I have gone out with you guys a while ago? I thought I learned everything you wanted me to know." I say, my eyes shifting over to Jungkook.

Yoongi looked over at Jungkook with a look in his eyes that I didn't understand. The two of them were acting very weird and I wanted to know why.

"It's not time yet." Jungkook says which of course sounds like he was up to something. Naturally, I got freaked out. "What do you mean not time yet?" I ask, looking between Yoongi and Jungkook.

"You're just not going out right now." Jungkook says. "Then when? Why am I even here if you're not going to make me do what I was originally forced here to do?" I ask.

Jungkook and Yoongi looked at each other again with the same look in their eyes. They were hiding something.

"I need the money, Jungkook. If I don't get it I can never leave and I don't want to be here the rest of my life." I say, my voice shaking slightly.

The thought alone made me want to cry. There was no way I could last being here forever. I would go crazy.

Something changed within Jungkook's eyes and he turns around, heading for the door.

"Training is cancelled." Is all he says before leaving the room.

I stood there, my jaw slacked. After everything I just said and he does this?

"What is wrong with him? He keeps me here, forces me to join this mafia, and now he won't even put me out there to do what I have to do for the money. I need the money to leave." I say, my voice choked.

Yoongi looked at me, his eyes sad. "I'm sorry, y/n. The power isn't in my hands." Yoongi sighs.

I watch as Yoongi turns and leaves the room, leaving me all alone. I didn't understand anything that was happening.

Angry, I marched to Jungkook's office, not even bothering to knock as I busted through the door.

"Y/n..." Jungkook started, taken back at my sudden action. "Why are you being like this? You promised me money. You made me join this mafia and for what? If you're not going to pay me, I want to leave. I want out." I say, steam coming from my ears.

"Leave?" Jungkook asked, his voice low as if he didn't comprehend what my word meant.

"Yes, leave. I didn't even want to be here to begin with. I didn't want to kill people or do any of this. I can't live this life like you can. I want out." I say, my voice shaking as if I would break down crying any second now.

Jungkook didn't say anything. He looked taken back, a look on his face I couldn't understand.

"If my only way out is for you to kill me then so be it. Just please, let me leave." I plead.

Jungkook stands there, his body towering over mine.

"I can't let you leave, y/n. I'm sorry." Is all Jungkook says.

I felt the tears spill from my eyes, my body shaking.

"Why not?! Just because I know what you do doesn't mean I'll tell anyone. Trust me, I want as far away from all of this as possible. Your secret is safe with me so just please..." I say, trying to plead my case.

"That's not why I can't let you go, y/n..." Jungkook says, not even looking at me now.

"Then why?"

Then I realized. I knew exactly why he was doing this. It wasn't about me at all, it was about Ji-eun.

I know Yoongi had made me promise not to say anything but right now I needed to do the only thing I could.

"I'm not Ji-eun. There's no reason for me to stay."

As soon as I say that, Jungkook looks up, his eyes meeting mine.

"How do you know about her?" Jungkook asks, his eyes dark. This was it.

"You're keeping me here because of her, aren't you? That's why you made me come here to begin with." I say, my fists clenched.

"You don't know anything about her." Jungkook says, his jaw tight.

I search his face, a hurt hidden within his brown eyes, a hurt so strong it would take a lifetime and then some to get over.

"I know you fell in love with her. I know what you had to do and how you regret it every day. I'm sorry you had to go through that but it has nothing to do with me so just please, let me go." I say, hoping and praying to get through to him.

Instead of him giving in, his features hardened. "I won't let you go, y/n, not now, not ever." Jungkook says, his voice sending a shiver down my spine.

"This has nothing to do with me..." Jungkook looks up, his eyes meeting mine. "Oh but this has everything to do with you. That's why I can't let you leave."

"How?" I ask, watching as he moved around me slowly.

Jungkook leaned his head down, his lips pressing to my ear. His words make my chest tighten and a lump form in my throat.

"I like you, y/n. I won't let another person I care about slip away from me. You'll stay here, even if you don't feel the same way. I won't let you go, ever."

[...]