Illegal is the new legal✗

"Explain yourself, y/n." Jungkook demanded, his voice angry. Jungkook had dragged me into his office, his grip on my arm burning. "I-" "As part of the Jeon mafia, I demand your loyalty. Don't even dare lie to me. What were you doing?" Jungkook yelled, his voice making me flinch.

"I don't know..." I say, knowing I couldn't tell him the real reason. Jungkook's jaw clenched, anger in his eyes. "Don't fucking lie to me!" Jungkook yelled, raising his hand in the air, ready to hit me. I flinched away, fear rising inside of me.

I waited for the smack but it never came. I slowly looked up, seeing Jungkook watching me, a look on his face I didn't understand. I swallowed, my body shaking. Jungkook slowly lowered his hand. "Get out of my office. If I ever catch you snooping around again I won't hesitate to kill you myself."

I stood up and hurried out of the room. The only sound to be heard was the pounding of my heart.
...

Later that day, I stayed locked up in my bedroom. I was terrified of the moment I would have to face Jungkook again. He was clearly very unhappy with me and I knew I shouldn't cross him again.

As I laid in my bed, I listened carefully to the sounds in the house. Silence. Pure and utter silence. I had no idea where Jungkook was and quite frankly, I was okay with that.

Sitting up, I reached over for my phone. I clicked the screen on and went to my contacts. My phone held a couple contacts. My father, my aunt, and my grandmother. I clicked on my father's number, bracing myself.

It rang twice then half of a third time before it picked up. "Hello?" My father's voice pierced my ears. "Hi Dad." I said, my voice slightly shaky. Although my father and I weren't on the best of terms, he was still my father above everything.

"Y/n...how are you?" He asked, his voice somewhat concerned. "I'm okay." Lie. "Where are you staying? You're not on the streets, are you?" My father asked. "I'm staying with a friend." Lie again. "Why are you calling?" He then asked.

Why was I calling?  "I don't know...I guess I just wanted to know that you were okay." I say. "Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be?" He asked, confusion in his words. "Anyways, that's really all I wanted to say..." I sigh. My father was quiet for a moment before he spoke again.

"Take care of yourself, y/n. Stay out of trouble." I swallowed, knowing that was nearly impossible at this point. "Will do. You too." I say. Before I can speak, my bedroom door flies open. "I have to go, bye." I say quickly before hanging the phone up.

"Who was that?" Jungkook asked, his eyes hard on me. I wasn't sure whether I should mention my father or not. After all, this was the guy who's father killed my mother, I didn't need him killing my father next. "You're already on my bad side, y/n. Don't make it worse." Jungkook growls.

"It was my father." I say, not looking up to meet his eyes. Jungkook looked at me for a moment before turning on his heels. "Dinner is ready. Come eat, or don't, I don't care." Jungkook says before leaving the room. Clearly he was still upset.

Sighing, I made my way downstairs. When I got into the dining room I sat down, glancing over at Jungkook who was sipping alcohol from a glass. As I ate I contemplated apologizing for earlier.

Finally, I gathered the courage to do so. "I'm sorry about what happened earlier." I say, glancing over at Jungkook. He peered at me from over the rim of his glass, his eyes meeting mine. "Don't do it again or we'll really have a problem, Understood?"

I nodded. "Understood."

Jungkook pulled the cup away from his mouth, his tongue coming out to lick his bottom lip. My gaze stayed on his lips, my eyes studying them. There was a pressure feeling in my chest, almost as if it were weighing me down. "Why are you staring at me?" Jungkook's voice pulled me out of the trance.

"Uh, I- sorry." I stumble, turning my gaze away. My face felt hot, my body burning. "Do you want a drink?" Jungkook asked. I looked over at him again, my eyes watching the bottle of alcohol as he dangled it in the air.

Our eyes met, his eyes grinning for him. I lifted my glass, pushing it towards him. "Sure." I said, missing the dizzy feeling of letting myself go. Drinking numbed me, right now all I wanted was to feel numb. I wanted to forget about what my life had become.

Of course underage drinking was illegal but so was killing people so what else did I have to lose?

Jungkook grinned, pouring the alcohol into my glass, not being greedy either as he filled it to the brim of my tall glass. When he pulled the bottle away he watched as I lifted the cup to my lips. His eyes followed my every move as I swallowed l the liquid, feeling it burn my throat as it went down.

Jungkook leaned back in his chair, his eyes still on me. I could feel heat rising in my body. I took another sip of the alcohol, surprisingly comforted by the burn and horrid taste on my tongue.

As I took down more and more, I felt my body warming up, my tension slowly washing away. As I glanced over at Jungkook I started to notice things I hadn't before, things that I definitely shouldn't have been noticing.

I began to study every detail of his face. My eyes grazed over his black hair that was parted slightly off to the side. I trailed down from his hair to his eyes then his lips, studying every detail. His lips looked so soft. They were parted, his tongue running gently over his bottom lip ever so slightly.

The alcohol was kicking in, causing my mind to swarm with thoughts I shouldn't dare be thinking. My eyes snapped back up and met Jungkook's. He was already staring at me, his eyes glazed over.

I swallowed, my body moving before my mind did. I walked over to Jungkook, falling into his lap.

[...]