Dead✗

When I woke up the next morning I let out a big yawn as I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. I was glad that Jungkook would be busy today because then at least I wouldn't have to train. The longer this took the better. I definitely wasn't looking forward to actual work.

Once I gather the strength to get out of bed, I make my way to the bathroom. Right now I needed a nice long bath. My body ached from the way I had fallen asleep and all I wanted was to relax my muscles.

As I got into the bathroom I filled the tub up with hot water, putting in bubble bath. I stripped from my clothes and slowly lowered myself into the warm water. I moaned at the sensation, my muscles relaxing instantly.

I leaned my head back against the wall, moving my hands slowly over the water. The bubbles began to grow around me, as if building a barrier. I had desperately needed this. I could slowly feel my tension withering away.

I closed my eyes, slipping down into the bathtub, the soapy water brushing just underneath my chin.  Sleepiness began consuming me, pulling me under. My head tilted to the side, my mind slipping away.
I fell asleep.

When I woke up next I looked around, surprised to find myself still in the bathtub. I sat up, lifting my hands from the water quickly. My fingers were shriveled like prunes but judging by the looks of it, I hadn't been asleep too long.

I pulled the plug in the tub and stood up, making my way over to the standing shower. I quickly washed my body off and stepped out, wrapping a towel around my exposed body. I cleaned up the water from the floor then headed into my bedroom.

Gathering my clothes, I changed into a sweater and leggings. Afterwards, I slipped on my slippers and slid my phone into my waistband. Knowing I was completely alone, I headed out to look around. Since I'd be here awhile, I might as well learn my way around right?

I took in the scenery around me as I walked down the long white hallway. Every room I passed made the hall seem endless.

As I passed by a door, I stopped. The door was a different color then the others, the same sign as before reading: "MR. JEON." Something inside of me was pushing me to open the door. Just to go inside and snoop around. Maybe there was things in there, Files about my mother.

I reached for the door handle, my hand not daring to drag the handle down. Do it, y/n. This could possibly tell you things you don't know, things that could give you one leg up. I know this was probably the stupidest thing I could do but I had to, for my mother.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I pulled the door handle down. Before I could even push the door open, a voice boomed from behind me. "What do you think you're doing?"

I turned around quickly, my heart hammering against my chest. I came face to face with a man I had never seen before. "I was just..." The man didn't seem amused in the slightest. As I went to speak again, my body froze.

The man pulled a gun from his back pocket, pointing it directly at my head. My eyes widened, fear rising within every inch of my body. I couldn't speak, I was frozen in fear.

He cocked the gun back, his finger resting beside the trigger. I squeezed my eyes shut, my heart racing. I waited for the gun to go off but instead, a loud voice boomed through the hall, bouncing off of the walls. "Stop, don't shoot!"

It was Jungkook.

My eyes flew open, both of our heads turning towards the sound. Jungkook ran up the stairs, eyes wide. "She was trying to get into your office, Sir." The man says, holding his gun securely in his hands. Jungkook looked over at me, his expression taken back.

I gulped, terrified of what was going to happen next. Jungkook didn't say anything, his face emotionless. Then he turned to the man, his jaw clenched. "Go, I'll take care of this." Jungkook says.

"Who is she, Sir?" The man asks, deep dimples popping out of his cheeks as he spoke. Jungkook looked up, his eyes looming with a darkness. He was angry, very angry. When Jungkook's eyes met mine, he uttered one word that caused my heart to stop, literally.

"Dead."

[...]