The truth comes out✗

I stared over at Jungkook, slightly taken back by his words. "Okay." I say softly as I grab the door handle and brace myself for the cold air.

"Hang on. Take this." Jungkook says, reaching into the back seat and pulling out a jacket.

"Don't you need that?" I ask. "Not more than you do. Put it on." Jungkook says before getting out of the car and coming to my side.

He opens the door for me, waiting for me to put the jacket on. I looked down at it and knowing I'd rather wear his jacket then be cold, I put it on.

Instantly, I could smell Jungkook's scent engulfing me. "Ready?" Jungkook asks. I look up at him and nod before getting out of the car.

As I stood up I noticed just how big the jacket was on me. Of course I warmed up instantly.

"Let's sit down over there and we can talk." Jungkook says as he starts to walk over to the tables.

When we get to them I sit down and look up at him as he doesn't sit right away.

"I'll respect your wishes and not touch you. I promise." He says as he keeps his distance.

"I didn't mean you had to sit all the way over there." I scoff as he sits down on the opposite side of the table on the farthest side.

He ignores what I say as he looks around, taking in the scenery. He seemed to be glowing in the sunlight.

"I've been thinking about something lately..." Jungkook starts, slowly turning his gaze to me.

My eyebrows raise as I hum in response. "Do you really hate me? I mean I know I can be an asshole but I didn't think you disliked me that much."

The look on Jungkook's face seemed as if he were almost afraid to hear my answer.

I studied his face for a second as he looked at me, our eyes connected.

I turned my head down, averting my gaze from Jungkook's. "Are you not going to answer me?" Jungkook asked, his voice cutting through the thick air.

I finally looked up, our eyes meeting again. "I don't hate you, Jungkook."

"You don't?" He asked. "I don't. Although you really get on my nerves, I don't hate you. I just don't understand you." I say honestly.

Jungkook is silent for a second before he looks up. "I'm sorry. I just don't know how else to act around you. If I show I care, you'll get ripped away from me but if don't, you'll never feel the same."

Jungkook's words sat in my head, bouncing from corner to corner.

"How would I get ripped away? I can't go anywhere." I laugh but he doesn't laugh or find it funny in the slightest. 

"It shouldn't be this way. I shouldn't be forcing you to stay. That's not how you treat someone you care about. I just can't risk losing you..." Jungkook says, his voice low. 

I felt bad. I knew this was because of what happened with Ji-eun but what could I say? What could I do?

Watching Jungkook's saddened features, I did the only thing I could think to do to make him feel better.

I stood up and made my way over to him, sitting down beside him. Jungkook looked over at me then back down at the table.

"I know it seems bad but I'm still here, aren't I?" I ask. "Yeah, because you have to be. It makes me angry at myself but I can't just let you leave. I need you, more than you know." He says.

Jungkook was clearly vulnerable right now, thinking about the things that had happened in his past.

"If I truly wanted to leave I wouldn't have accepted your deal. Doesn't that mean anything?' I ask, my voice soft.