[ Read me like a book ]

Episode 1; A little adventure

~•~•~•~

[  Luna's POV  ]

Leaving the castle was never easy, to be frank, but to watch Shiro go through his pain was worse.

Despite Shiro's connection with Keith, it doesn't change the fact that he was someone I got to look up to and was the one who took me in as their own after Ulaz's death.

And now that I can't think of anything to do and help with, it made me think even more and blame myself for not seeing this issue in advance.

" Lance, Hunk, Pidge, Romelle. You're all coming with me in search for nunville, I doubt I can do it alone.. " Coran announced as everyone gathered in the black lion as Shiro remained in the pod that is the only thing that's keeping him alive.

" I'll stay with Shiro, We don't know if he's alright yet so I'd like to be here if anything happens. " Keith remained in the pod's side,

Though despite our awkward conversation earlier at the castle, we haven't been giving each other a glances or even attention.

" Me too. " His Mother remained as well, taking his side as she supported him with an arm on his shoulder.

" How about you, Luna? " Allura asked me with slight concern.

My eyes darted down to the ground as I thought it through, but to be honest, I already knew the answer without even thinking.

" I'll stay, I owe Shiro almost everything so I think this is the time I should return the favor. " I smiled meekly, glancing to Shiro's pod.

Allura smiled gladly to my answer, then looking over to Coran for her decision.

" We'll stay here along with Shiro, you guys go on ahead with caution. " She bid them farewell.

Before they can leave, I felt a pair behind my shoulder and got pulled into a corner with Lance holding me square in the shoulders.

" Hey, You okay? " He asked, his eyebrows scrunched.

' No, say no. '

" Yeah.. I'm just.. I don't know, feeling... -- Fine, you win. No. I'm not fine.. " I started lying but ended spilling out the truth.

With this, he smiled kindly at he stood straight, impressed that I didn't finish my lie this time.

" Okay, look. After we come back, talk to me about it, okay? I don't like seeing my little sis being emo like Keith all of a sudden.. " He humoured, which was so funny that I punched his arm lightly, but nevertheless, making me smile, lightly at least but it's a first.

" Okay fine... Be careful while you're out there.. " I said, crossing my arms as he chuckled lightly and ruffled my hair before finally going out with Romelle and the others.

Before I can turn around to the pod, I took a deep breathe and went to the pod's side, kneeling beside it as I held my hands up to the part of the pod where Shiro's head was directed.

" Wait--- What are you gonna do?" Keith asked, suprised and baffled.

" I'm gonna try and heal Shiro's mental focus on the body, since I've been helping him keep his memories in check when he needed, I might as well help him now that he needs help more than ever. " I spoke in a concerned tone, looking over to Shiro's troubled expression despite being unconcious.