[ Couldn't be better ]

Episode 3; The Way Forward

~•~•~•~

[ Keith's POV ]

The memory of what happened earlier was still fresh, so, I easily rose up from the floor with my eyes searching for someone,

Once my eyes finally cleared out from the haze it was trapped in, I saw the rest of the team with their features the same as mine.

But one person stood out to be far more worse.

As soon as I recognised who it was, I never spent another second laying in the floor and ran to her side, discovering that I had cuffs on my wrists, I simply tried my best to sit her up and check her pulse.

It was awfully slow, with that, I became more worried.

Her body isn't gonna be able to take this much pain, especially with these cuffs and the drug-shot they injected to her bloodstream, whatever it is, it's made from the substance that her cuff also has.

After hearing a groan beside me, my eyes darted to her face, her eyelids beginning to flutter open,

" Hey... You're alright. Slow down." I smiled weakly as I supported her back as she tried to move gravely.

" I'll kill those two once I get my hands on them... " She muttered with rage, not giving any attention to the pain that was obvious to her stature.

But before I can ask who was on her mind, the others began to take notice of her. And if I'm not mistaken, to us.

" Luna, Are you alright? " Allura asked her friend after helping Romelle up from being seated.

" Couldn't be better.. " Luna answered with a strained voice, mushed together with a hint of sarcasm.

I slightly rolled my eyes at her sudden attitude, she made a little change while we were separated.

Then glancing to her cuffs at the wrists and the red drug-shot mark on her neck, looking a lot like it was becoming slightly irritated.

" This is not good.. " I said with a grave tone, weighing down voice on the drain as I became more worried. Especially now that she became paler than usual as her eyes looked heavy.

" What can be the cause of her condition? " Romelle asked with the same tone as I had earlier.

" I've seen those cuffs before, whatever it is, it drains Luna's special abilities as a half-breed. It somehow makes her weak-bodied " I answered as I helped Luna lay her back on the wall to help her feel at ease.

" That's grave news. But what I'm worried more about is the drug that they had injected inside her. I'm sure it's not for nothing.. " Krolia added, checking the female for any health related casualties.

While the female simply groans every second that passes, I can't even imagine what she can be feeling now.

" Stop shouting... " She groaned lightly as she covers her ears to shut out any sound.

My eyebrows scrunched as I begin to worry so much for her health, this is obviously not good for her.

" Hey, hey. Look at me, take deep breaths alright? Deep breaths. " I said as I held both of her hands away from her ears and held them in mine, talking in a soft and low voice as much as possible, looking deep into her dull sapphire eyes.

And questionably, she gave a slight nod as she did what I asked her to do, and somehow, I felt her hands give the same grip I was giving.

" We'll try to keep it down okay? Now, rest up.. " I said as I gave a squeeze to her hands and let them go, caressing her left cheek before standing up tall.