[ Back In The Field ]

[ Season 8; Episode 2; Shadows]

[ Luna's POV ]

It was a peaceful morning when we finally launched off from Earth. I can clearly remember the others saying goodbye to each and everyone of their family members with a sad smile on their lips.

But I guess this was normal everywhere whenever a war is amidst. There is no avoiding the fact that someone in the family has to leave to fight. Despite that fact, I still can't stomach the expressions  of my friends and their families as they say their goodbyes.

It may be the empathetic feeling that I understand how it feels to leave home or... The foreboding feeling that I'll never know the feeling of having something to go home to.

I mean, I'm grateful that Keith and the others are more than willing to open their arms for me into their homes but, I'll never once again have the feeling of having a land, a place I knew deeply and something that has the familiar feeling I had back at home.

I sighed as I smiled bitterly.

How ironic would it be that I still missed that forsaken planet despite the people's thoughts about me there.

" How can I believe that you're meditating when you're sighing like that?" a voice interrupts my train of thought, making me slowly open my eyes to somehow get a peek if that someone was just beside me.

My lips went into a pout before I can fully open my

" And you promised you would go so that I can focus... " I glared at Acxa as she crossed her arms in front of her chest as she stood beside me while I sat with my legs crossed under me as I 'meditated'.

" Yet again, how am I supposed to believe that you're meditating properly if you're sighing. " Acxa scolded me as she frowned down to me. All I can imagine is  she's saying that I'm unbelievable in her mind so bad. " You're distracted. Can't you take a rest? You need a change in environment. " She added as she offered a small smile.

" I already told this to Allura earlier, and I'm gonna repeat myself again, No. I need to do this. I'm not gonna be able to fight out there if I can't win a fight in here. " I answered and pointed in my head at the end of my sentence, referring to my timely mental attacks.

" Dear Alfor, You are more stubborn than you were before... " She sighed and massaged her forehead as she straightens her posture.

" I'm sorry if I am, Ax. But you saw how I was whenever it attacks, and I want to do something about that... Badly. That's why I can't stop until I've improved even for a bit. " Looking down at the floor below me as I rest my elbows in my knees.

Then silence filled the room as she refused to reply to my grave words.

But I refuse to take it back, this is what I feel, and I'll fulfill it until the end.

" Fine... If that's how you really feel, then I won't stop you." She sighs and crossed her arms once again as she looked at me with nagging eyes.

" Thank you..." I sighed in relief to think that she let go of the topic at hand.

" However...." She trails off. For that, I turned her way with a small glare.

" That's just a fancy word for 'but' " I continued glaring at her and the incoming condition she will be saying. Yet she still continued with that look in her eyes that I swear screams " Listen to me ".

" However... I want you to look out for anything okay? I may not know much about what your abilities are, but if you meditate to dig through your condition, there may be a chance you will be the one attacked instead. So please, for the love of Alfor, be careful. " She says as she ducks down to me and held both of my shoulders together, looking at me with a pleading look.