[ Midnight Oil ]

Non-Episode &
Episode 1; Launch Date

~•~•~•~•~•~

3 months later...

~•~•~•~•~•~

Nights on Earth weren't really that cold, especially on the month of December.

Well, that was what Luna felt when the so called "-ber months" came since Lance had told her that it was gonna get chilly mostly on mornings and nights now.

But not tonight.

As Luna laid in bed, she was shuffling over and over, a bead of sweat was rolling down the side of her forehead as her brows scrunched in some kind of frustration.

She moaned as as shuffled once more, landing her hands on the covers of her bed. That was when she felt it, the heat, it was burning- No, she can feel the heat yet she doesn't feel any pain from the burn.

With a groan, she slightly jerked her head sideways as if she was making something go away in utter panic.

And with a final straw of torture, she suddenly stood up from her bed with a scream from her throat. Breathless, she covered her face as she tried to shake away the images she just saw in her head.

That when when she heard a hiss of heat from a sweat that rolled down from her forehead and dripped on her ignited hand.

' Wait... What's--- ..? '

Her eyebrows scrunched up in question to her hands that was now filled with active photons, ready to burn something into nothing but ashes if she ever releases her unconscious control over it.

Unlike the normal shade of blue that she should have, the flame from the photons was about to turn into a purple one at the most. Making her worry spike even more than earlier.

This time, she groaned as she realized that it happened again.

With that, she sighed and tried to control her breathing, at first, she took a deep, shaky breathe before she got to breathe normally.

And along with her breathes, her fire started fading as it responds to her calm figure she had tried to maintain.

But before she can take another breathe, someone barged from her door and went straight to her side, not wasting a second if the girl was hurt or afraid.

" What is it? What happened? I'm here, I'm already here... " She was surprised rather than overjoyed that Keith was back home.

Despite the fact that she and him had been living together in his cabin, it still doesn't change the fact that Keith seldomly leaves the base whenever he comes back for almost a month.

And that was the exact reason why Keith never knew about what has been happening to her. Not a single thing.

" Hey... Are you alright..? Tell me, you're fine... " He spoke in a more softer voice this time rather than the panicked one he had earlier when he came in.

" Y-Yeah... I'm fine... Just.. A nightmare.. that's all. " She spoke awkwardly as she rested her head on the paladin's shoulder.

" Are you sure you're fine?? " He asked as he took a hold of the female's hand, lacing their fingers against each other as he slowly tried to get her to talk to him.

" Yes, I promise... I'm sorry for worrying you, especially when you just got back home.." The female nodded in assurance, sighing at her last word before embracing the male in front of her, lulling herself in his arms.

The male sighed at her answer and simple returned the embrace he was given, smoothing the female's hair before placing a kiss on top of her head.

" I missed you... " He whispered at her hair, drowning in her scent as if it was like air.