Dancing

- General POV

Clementine walked into the school, preparing for bed. AJ had asked to sleep in Tenn's room. She was glad to see they were getting along; practically best buds now. As she walked up the stairs, she paused on the step, hearing faint music hum. It echoed alluringly through the halls. Though most found this annoying, her heart fluttered when she heard the music. She liked Louis. As more than a friend. And although she didn't like the idea of 'liking' him, she loved to be around him. He'd make her laugh in the least expected times, he'd comfort her when AJ would run to get him, knowing her nightmares still haunted her every night. She loved how much he cared for AJ, since the first day they met. Without thinking twice, she turned on her heel, walking silently to her favourite room in the school.

The moonlight shone modestly, colliding with the candlelight that flickered dimly. She stood in the doorway for a moment, watching his fingers glide mindlessly across the keys, making a beautiful tune. Clem crept forward, trying not to distract his playing. She stood next to him, watching intently, pondering in her mind how he was capable to play separate tunes with both hands. She remained that way until he finished. "I see I've gained an audience." He chuckled, moving to one side to create space for her on the bench. She sat next to him, their shoulders touching slightly. "Well, what do you expect with that thing being so loud?" She joked back, pressing some random keys. "I can teach you, if you want..." Louis offered as she placed her hand back on her lap. "Would you?" The excitement built when he said that. She'd always wanted to learn as a kid. He nodded. Louis grabbed her hands, placing them in position on the piano. For the next while, he taught her new tunes like Oh my darling, Clementine and Ode to joy.

"Alright, I want to try something different. Something... fun" He smirked. He placed Clem's hands atop his own, playing a simple tune on the piano. She grinned as she realized what he was doing. Clem looked happily down at their hands as the tune got faster and faster. They kept playing until he suddenly stood up, grabbing her and dragging her along with him. He swooped her up, dancing around the room with her, still humming the tune that was previously played. She laughed as Louis put one hand around her waist, the other holding her hand, raised next to them. Not knowing how to dance, she stumbled around, tripping over herself as they went faster and faster. "Louis!-" She pleaded him to stop, but he wouldn't. Both laughing loudly until they tumbled onto the ground, Clementine on top of Louis. As she supported herself with her arms, she looked down at him, he looking up at her.

It wasn't long before their lips met, a burning, tingly sensation in their stomachs. They remained like that until Clem broke the kiss, both blushing a bright red. "Louis, I-" he cut her off. "Clem, if this is some stupid apology or something, save it." He looked into her eyes, though his tone was innocent and blissful. "Alright, then. I won't apologize." She chuckled. "I really like you, Louis. As more than a friend. At first, I didn't want to admit it, but now..." She trailed off, getting lost in his deep brown eyes. "Now you're happy." He finished for her as she nodded. Louis then leant in again, kissing Clementine softly. She lowered her head slightly, meeting him halfway. And from that moment on, she knew she didn't need to be alone anymore.