Unconscious

Requested by clementineisbest. Thanks for the idea!

- General POV

"Louis, move!" Clementine shouted from mere feet away. The teen boy stood absolutely petrified, staring directly at the raider who now aimed her rifle at him. "Louis!" She cried as the shot went off, diving into him and knocking him off of his feet. She lifted herself with her arms, face turned into a terrified worry. "Are you okay?" She asked, not realizing that... She was literally sitting on top of him. "Yeah... Yeah I'm fine... Clem, you saved my life." He said, ashamed that he hadn't moved sooner. She gave him a quick smile before getting up. However she failed to notice that behind the brick wall stood the same woman as before. "Clem!" He exclaimed, but it was too late. The gunshot rang out as Clementine collapsed to the ground, motionless. Louis lunged at the raider, overpowering her and ultimately winning the fight.

After the end of the fight, Louis rushed back to Clementine, who still showed no signs of life. "Clem? Clem!" He cried, feeling for a pulse that almost wasn't there. He picked her up partially, sitting with her head rested in his lap as he stroked her hair. "We need to get her back inside." He said as Ruby approached. She nodded to him as he picked her up bridal style, carrying her back to her room. The bullet hit her shoulder, allowing for her to live, although no one could be quite sure. He handed Ruby all the tools she needed, waiting in anxiety just to be told that she'd be okay. However, he was never told. After getting the bullet out, he helped Ruby clean and bandage the wound properly. Louis subconsciously, expected to be yelled at and cursed at whilst cleaning her wound. It was disheartening to see her not even flinch when the peroxide made contact with her skin.

Finally, everyone had gone to bed, although none were even able to sleep. Everyone except Louis. He stayed dutifully at Clem's side, sitting on the bed and holding her hand hopefully. Every now and then he'd fuss over her, making sure she didn't have a fever, or she still had a pulse. Making sure she was okay. Eventually he found himself talking with her, although he knew he'd get no response. "You know... I didn't think I'd be this broken up about... You..." He trailed off tiredly, yawning before he continued on. "But here I am, holding your hand as you're still unconscious. I mean... You lost a lot of blood... I just want you to be okay..." He teared up, leaning closer and moving a strand of hair from her face. "I've never told you how beautiful you are, but... You are. I've never told you how much I like you..." He stopped, almost waiting once again for some sign of life. None came. "Well I do... I like you more than I like piano. And that's a lot. I like you more than I like card games, I like you more than I like my hair..." He chuckled, remembering how much Violet used to hate it. "H*ll, I almost like you more than life itself... Maybe I do..." He leaned closer, mixed and unrecognizable feelings coming over him. Finally he leaned in, kissing her gently. He lingered there a moment, focusing on her steady but small breaths, wishing for a response. He pulled away guiltily, tearing up and trying not to cry. "I really hope you remember that..." He whispered before turning and leaving the room.

Louis returned the next morning with a small bouquet of flowers for Clementine. However as he opened the door, ready to face the motionless girl, his mouth opened widely as he dropped the gift. He ran to her side as she embraced him weakly, nuzzling her cheek into his as he cried of happiness. "You're okay!" He said, completely overjoyed that she was awake. "I am..." She trailed off, pulling away slightly. Then, without any warning, Clem kissed him with joy, pulling away happily yet shyly moments later. "I like you a lot too..." She whispered with a smile. "You heard me last night?" He asked, blushing and completely embarrassed. "Mm-Hm." She nodded. "I know you kissed me too..." She laughed, holding his hands in hers. "Oh... Remind me not to do that again... Because apparently you know what's happening in your sleep." He chuckled, trying to hide the embarrassment he felt.

"How's your wound?" Louis asked, going back to the end of the room. "Well it's really sore, but it happened before, so..." Clem trailed off seeing him bend down to pick something up. "You were shot before?" He asked, wide-eyed. "Yup." Was all she said, giving a curt nod. "D*mn, I guess you're just near invincible then..." He laughed, still holding the flowers behind his back. "Brought you these." Louis said, holding out the fresh array of flowers for her to take. "Awe, they're beautiful..." She smiled, taking them and smelling them before setting them on the dresser. "Just like you." He said, giving her another quick kiss.

While I was writing this, I looked on my wall randomly and saw something. So I looked closer and there was a spider on my wall. It was too big to just crush (and I hate crushing bugs) so I got a container and trapped it on the wall with a piece of paper on the bottom. But when I tried to move it, the spider just went psycho and freaked out. It was creepy, but I got it outside thankfully. I mean, I'm fine with spiders... Just not in my room. So there's my story 😂 thanks for reading!