Ambush

Requested by OverGuy001. Thanks for the idea!

- Louis' POV

We walked silently in the building, broken glass crunching delicately beneath our feet. This was our mission, to scavenge for anything we could find. "Wanna play a game?" I said quietly to Clementine, who walked with concentration next to me. "Not right now...it might draw attention to us." She stated, still gripping her knife tightly in her right hand. "Come on, let's check this room." She said, gesturing me to follow her to yet another door. "Clem..." I said as she opened the door, checking the inside cautiously before relaxing a little inside. The girl continued searching drawers as I eyed the hallway carefully...I don't know what it was but it gave me an uneasy feeling. "Clem." I repeated, barely able to catch her attention. Chairles in my grip, I clenched my jaw a little from my uneasiness. Something was off. "Clementine." I said sharply, still as quietly as I could.

"What?" She replied harshly, I was clearly annoying her. "Clem, I don't think we're alone..." I trailed off, backing into the room with her more. "What do you mean?" She asked just above a whisper, flipping through books and cabinets. "You closed the door after us, right?" I asked nervously. I hoped she'd say no. "Yeah, why?" Clem responded, eyeing me with growing nervousness. "Right, well...it's open now." My stomach dropped. Walkers don't know how to open doors...right? We would've heard it by now. "Oh..." She whispered as she backed herself against a wall. "Well this isn't exactly ideal..." I whispered, laughing nervously as my heart started pounding. I glanced to Clem a moment, seeing for once that she was afraid. Honestly, I was terrified. I glanced back outside, only to hear a deafening bang, and the feeling of something fly past my face. In shock, I turned to the door. Surely enough, a bullet had landed right next to my head. "Louis, get back!" Clementine shouted, running to me and yanking my arm back. Still shocked I fell back, hearing unfamiliar voices yelling and watching the figures appear in the doorway. I watched as the hooded figure fight to aim their gun at Clementine's stomach. I didn't have time to think, I sprung up to help her, pulling the person's arms in the direction of myself.

Another bang sounded, but this time I didn't hear anything. I just watched Clem stab her knife into the person's neck, not even caring when they fell. I couldn't feel anything...except for the burning sensation in my stomach. And my body hitting the floor. Clem skidded over to me, worry on her face as she brushed the hair out of my face. "Louis? Louis, come on, don't do this. Louis! Damnit, I'm not losing you too." She cursed, tears escaping her eyes as she held me in her arms. "Fuck. Okay, how..." The girl muttered as she felt around the wound. I looked down, and although my vision was blurry I could still make out the massive amount of blood. Shit. "What the fuck am I supposed to do?" She cried, pushing the hair out of her face as her breaths became quicker and more panicked. Clementine took off her jacket, scrunching it up and placing it on top of the gunshot wound. She secured it with my belt before focusing back on me. The guilt on her face said enough about the pain I felt. "Can you walk?" She asked weakly, trying to help me up. However, she stopped hearing me cry out from the pain. "Come on...damnit Louis, I'm not letting you do this!" The girl said as she hoisted me up, beginning to help drag me out of the building.

"We're getting back to the school whether you went to or not." Clementine said as we walked on the road. I'd regained a bit of my consciousness, being able to focus on her worried expression. "You know..." I started, stopping and clutching my stomach as we went over a stump. "You're still...beautiful, even...even when you're scared." I watched as she looked at me, a mixture of a small smile and extreme fear written in her face. "And you're still a weirdo...even when you got shot in the stomach." She replied shakily. "Yeah, but apparently you dig that. So...who's the real weirdo here? It's...both of us." I said, laughing a little, but stopping when it sent waves of pain through my body. "Louis..." She shook her head. "Are you Hershey's? Because...I'd love to have some kisses." I smiled at her. However, this time she didn't return the smile. "Now isn't the time to joke around..." Clem sighed. "Why not?" I asked. This is the longest, most painful walk I've ever been on. "You got shot, and now you're using pick-up lines on me? I mean...were already dating." The girl said in slight annoyance. "Are you a piano?" I asked. It was the easiest way to ignore the pain.

But she only sighed in response. "Because I...I'd love to tap what feels good." I bit the inside of my lip when she looked at me, now anger had joined in with the worry and fear. "Damnit Louis, will you just quit it?! You almost died today and he'll, you still might! And here you are making jokes?! I...I just don't want to lose you." She cried, tears blurring her vision as we finally approached the school. I was taken inside, but I only watched her stay behind and hug AJ tightly.

I must've lost consciousness at some point, opening my eyes to see my familiar room. Bandages over the wound, the cold night air blowing in through the boarded-up window. And a dark figure at the end of the bed. "H-hello?" I groaned, shifting in the bed and gaining the attention of whoever it was. "Hey..." She said quietly, rubbing her eyes and moving closer. "Are you feeling better?" Clementine asked, feeling my forehead before giving me a little peck on my lips. "A little bit, I guess. And you?" I asked as she sighed, slouching next to me. "Worried to death..." She started. Even in the dark I could still see her beautiful features. Especially her eyes...I loved her eyes. And her in general. "I'm sorry about getting mad earlier. I was just...scared." The girl admitted, laughing a little as I did the same. "No worries. It's all better now." I smiled, placing my hand on top of hers. "I was scared I'd lose you." Clem said as she leaned down, her head on the pillow next to me. "Honestly I was too. But...here I am, right? I'm not leaving again." I said, turning in my side and wrapping my arm around the girl. "I sure hope not. That'd leave me with only one person to love." She smirked a little, closing her eyes. I paused...realizing what she'd said. "You saying you love me?" I grinned. "Mm-hm." "Well I love you too."

The end was bad...sorry. And sorry about the schedule. School is such a fucking pain UGH
But anyways thanks for the request and I hope it was okay 😁❤️