Gone and Back Again (part 3)

(High-school AU)

- General POV

The car finally stopped, overlooking a small body of water. The stars had come out my now, the moonlight reflecting delicately off of the water. "We're here." Louis grinned, shutting off his car and pulling out a flashlight. "Where is 'here'?" Clem questioned as she stepped out onto the gravel. "Remember this place? We always rode our bikes out here." He backed up, closer to the water as she took in the sight. "Yeah...I haven't been here since. Wow, I didn't think you'd remember." Clem laughed, unable to fight a shiver. "Are you cold?" He asked as he took off his coat. "Yeah, actually. I didn't think it'd be this cold out. When are we heading back?" She asked as he continued to take off his shirt. Clementine was shocked, but...she had to admit, he was hot. Nothing like Louis from middle school. "Sorry Clemster, but...you're about to get a lot colder. Only problem is that I forgot swim suits. And towels. Basically everything you need when you go swimming." Louis laughed, stripping into nothing but his underwear. "Louis, what the h*ll are you doing?" Clem asked as she put a hand on her hip. "I'm going swimming. Aren't you gonna join me?" The boy laughed. "I'll throw you in if I have to, Clem!" It was then that she realized, they were all alone. Louis was the only one she's ever truly clicked with. He was the only one who understood her. So why am I still holding back? She thought. "Fine. Just don't look, okay?" She shouted. He'd already waded in to the cold water, shivering but thrilled. "Okay, I won't." He said before she started taking off her clothes. Clem took off her shoes and socks, pausing when her hands reached her shirt. Her heartbeat sped up as she thought. Louis wasn't facing her. Not that she could see. He wasn't like that, she decided. Finally she convinced herself it was okay. She pulled the top over her head, leaving the girl in her sports bra that she decided to wear. Then her belt and shorts.

Clementine walked silently over to the water, regretting everything when she felt the temperature. But that wasn't going to stop her. Louis gritted his teeth from the cold, still facing away from the girl. As much as he wanted to look, he wasn't going to be a d*ck. Finally both were in the water, still slightly embarrassed by the...situation. But that's the whole thrill of it, getting out of your comfort zone. "Lou, you can turn around now." She said. The boy turned, but...his heart stopped when he saw her. The moonlight reflected off her complexion, and her hair had become somewhat wet. He didn't realize he was staring until she snapped him out of his thoughts. "Umm...Louis?" Clem asked as he seemed to regain consciousness. He stared into her eyes a moment, and it was easy to tell he was blushing. "What took you so long?" The boy tried to lighten the mood as she moved in the water. "Well, do you even feel how cold this water is?" She joked. "Yeah. Too bad you're about to get even colder." He smirked as she looked at him in confusion. That was when he splashed her with water. "Louis! You are so dead!" She said loudly. Now her hair was drenched in the cold water. "Not if you can't catch me!" He laughed, swimming further out into the lake. He didn't realize how thick the weeds were out there, but obviously he didn't think much of it.

Clem swam after him a ways out, further than her feet could touch the bottom. It didn't take long before the weeds tangled around her ankle, and panic kicked in. "Wait--" she started. How were they getting so tight? Clem struggled to keep her head above the water now, but of course Louis couldn't see what was happening in the dark. "Lou--" she was cut off as her head was submerged in the freezing water. It entered her lungs as she coughed, trying to get back up to the top. Finally she got up far enough to call for help. "Louis!" She screamed weakly before being pulled under again. How the weed managed to do that, she had no idea. But it wasn't long until she felt the weed around her leg loosen, and a pair of arms grab her from behind. "Clem, calm down, I got you." He said, panting as he swam back to the shore.

Clem shook from fear as her hands and knees hit the gravel. "Hey, you okay?" Louis asked, a hand on her back to try and comfort her. The girl coughed as she tried to answer. When she realized she couldn't, she just nodded to try and calm them both down. She didn't realize that her tears had become mixed with the cold water. "Clem, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have swam out that far--" Louis tried to apologize, being cut off when she finally spoke. "It wasn't your fault. The...weed got caught around my ankle." Clem said, her voice weak and raspy. Finally she was able to breathe again and that was when she realized...she was still half-naked. She looked down, only now realizing how exposed and vulnerable she was. "Sh*t--" she started. As if he already knew, he interrupted. "I didn't look, Clem. I just...I'm glad you're okay." Louis said as a wave of emotion caught him off guard. Clementine looked at her own body, then back to Louis, who seemed on the verge of tears now. Well...f*ck it, she thought, leaning in and hugging the boy.

- Louis' POV

I tried to fight back the hot tears that blurred my vision. Yeah, I had a crush on my best friend. My heartbeat sped up when I felt her body against mine, but I hugged back just glad she was okay. It didn't change the blush that now coated my face. There was...next to nothing between us. "Louis?" Clem said in a shaky voice. "Yeah?" I whispered. Leaning over, I grabbed my coat that was on the ground, using it as a blanket for us. I know she appreciated it, because I felt her lean in a little closer. She got less tense, too. "I really missed you." The girl said. She was still hugging me. "I missed you too."

Clem looked up to me, amber eyes glistening in the moonlight. I pushed aside the anxiety I felt, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. But I kept my hand there, placing it on her cheek. I thought she would've moved away by now. Instead, she was...leaning closer?
Our lips connected, leaving no distance between us. Clem let out a little squeak into the kiss, breathing heavily. Who could blame her? It's been one h*ll of a night. But not in a bad way. Finally, I pulled away, but my forehead still touched with hers. "Clem...I really like you." I whispered quietly. She sighed shakily as she closed her eyes, trying to conjure the right words. "I...I really like you too, Louis." Of course, being me, I had to say something to lighten the mood. "I take it I'm not single anymore?" I laughed as we looked into each other's eyes. "Hey, I'm not anymore either. As long as you want it that way?" Clem asked. But she already knew the answer. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Originally this was all part 2...until I realized there was over 2000 words 😂 so I split it. hope you all enjoyed!!
Also, don't forget to vote if you liked! 😉