Tonight and Together

Requested by MusicBoiii. Thanks for the idea!

- Louis' POV

I stood nervously in the hallway after class, still wondering if this was a good idea. I knew I shouldn't have trusted Marlon. I sighed. Last night my buddy convinced me to tell him my crush. What I didn't know was that he was going to talk to our other friends, who then talked to her. Who then set me up on a date with her. I had no idea of it until she showed up at my locker and asked if tonight would work. A movie night at her house. I chuckled to myself, 'movie night' I thought. "Louis!" She called from a few feet away. "Oh, uhh... Hey, Clementine." I said, forcing a smile as I shoved my hands into my pockets. "You ready to go?" She asked as she opened her locker and grabbed her things. "Yup." I replied, but... My voice cracked. I looked away in embarrassment as she giggled. "I can tell that you're nervous." She said plainly, closing the locker door and slinging the backpack over her shoulder. "D*mn... Is it really that obvious?" I laughed in embarrassment. This was not going well so far. "Judging by the way you're walking, and how your hands are shoved in your pockets... Yeah, it's pretty obvious." She smiled to me, unknowingly making me smile back as we left the school.

"You're not the only one that's nervous though..." Clem interrupted the silence as we walked, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "Really?" I asked, only now starting to notice the hidden worry on her face. She only looked up and nodded shyly. "Clem, you're home!" AJ shouted as he ran into the street. "Hey goofball." She laughed as he practically rammed himself into her, embracing her in a hug. "Who's he?" The boy asked, giving me a hard glance. "I'm Louis." I smiled as he examined me, before nodding to himself and running back inside. "How was school, sweet pea?" A stronger and deeper voice came from the kitchen. "It was good. I'm glad it's the weekend now though. I brought a friend home to hang out, I hope you don't mind." She said as she set her backpack onto the floor. "Not at all." Lee smiled as he shook my hand. "I'm Lee, it's nice to meet you." He said before turning to Clem. "Louis." I replied, still extremely nervous. I hope the man didn't notice how clammy my hands were from being nervous. "Clem, you didn't tell me your friend was a boy..." He teased as Clem's face lit up a bright red. "I... Didn't think it was important. Besides, he's just a friend." She laughed nervously back before turning to lead me to her room. As we walked up the stairs, I heard the man mumble something behind us. "We'll see about that..." He chuckled, walking back to the kitchen.

Later that evening, after an... Awkward dinner, we decided to go back to Clem's room. Of course I liked the girl but d*mn, she had a lot of animal skulls in her room. It kinda freaked me out. In a good way. "G'night goofball." She said, giving the little boy a hug before he closed the door to his room. "Clem, can I talk to you a moment?" Lee beckoned her over as I lingered in the doorway. He spoke quietly to her, a completely serious face. Then before I could figure out what he was saying to her, I heard a shout. "LEE!!" She exclaimed before rushing back to the doorway I stood in, her face now bright red as she avoided looking at him. "I'm just saying!" He laughed and closed the door to his room. "What was that all about?" I asked curiously. "I'd... Rather not say..." She looked down and passed me.

With the movie playing in her room, we sat on the bed silently. However the tension was growing between us as I felt the need to say something. "So uhh... Are you liking the movie?" I asked awkwardly. Clementine looked at me quizzically before nodding with a giggle. "Yeah... You know what else I like though?" She said in the dark, although I swore I saw a crimson hue cover her cheeks. "Hm?" I asked, unknowing leaning closer. She breathed heavier as we looked into each other's eyes. "You." She looked down quickly, before looking back into my eyes. We leaned in unconsciously, however before anything happened, we both jerked back in surprise. "Ha! Your hat hit my head!" I laughed as I rubbed the spot that hit the end of her hat. She laughed as she took it off, setting it nicely on the dresser beside her bed. "Want to continue?" She asked with a grin. We leaned in once more, touching lips. Neither moved, although we stayed sitting beside each other, contemplating what to do next. Our eyes closed, I kissed her gently before pulling away only slightly. "I like you too." I whispered before connecting lips with Clem again. Moving our kissing in sync with each other and completely ignoring the movie playing in the background.

"Hey Clem." Lee opened the door as we both separated almost instantly. At this point I had been holding my hand on her lower back, keeping her close. And I believe the man realized this, as he smirked mischievously and looked between us. "Yes?" Clem replied, slightly irritated. "Uhh... Nevermind. Just... Don't forget to turn the tv off when you're done." He smiled and winked at me before closing the door gently. "Well that was interesting. We should probably keep watching the movie though..." I chuckled, giving her another peck on the lips. "Wait, who's that?" She asked in confusion as we looked back to the screen. "I guess we were occupied longer than we thought." I laughed quietly. Eventually we found our way to laying on Clem's bed, watching the movie with me spooning her. She lay in front of me, sighing loudly as she relaxed into my grip. And I lay behind her, arm around her waist and chin resting on the top of her head. We fell asleep that way, and it was the best sleep I'd had in a long time. Somehow I think we both knew that it'd happen a lot more in the future.

So I'm still a bit lightheaded and sick. I'm also supposed to be doing schoolwork right now (I'm homeschooled). However I figured I need to keep this going and stuff. So thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!